Why is There So Much Hate About Lincoln Heritage?

Wino-Actually you are not legally "captive" with Lincoln when you are paid by 1099. The term itself is independent contractor. But Lincoln told their agents differently, that they could not contract with other insurance companies when they legally could not, because you are not captive with them. Now if they W2 you, then they can claim captive. They were sued for this years ago and found responsible.

I think the carrier would argue even as an independent agent the client is their client. When I was inactive with a couple carriers during an organization change the carrier would not talk to me without the client on the phone even though I was the writing agent .

I think the carrier would argue even as an independent agent the client is their client. When I was inactive with a couple carriers during an organization change the carrier would not talk to me without the client on the phone even though I was the writing agent .
If an agent does not think the client belongs to the company as far as business that is on the books, then they haven't read the terms of their contract.

I'm not sure who this "we" is that you are referring to, but I can promise you, I don't serve it at all. When we say "Kool-Aide" around here we mean lies and bullchit. That is something I do not do at all.

It's beginning to sound like you are trying to defend them. If you want to defend their BS and lies, then go right ahead. But that is the reason why we don't like LH. It's just that simple.
You're taking this way too personal. Regardless of what you call it, everyone on this site is selling something, including you! If nothing less, at this very moment you're selling your opinion on the definition of "Kool-Aide" and what you think is the proper way to sell insurance. If LH is not doing it Todd's way, then it's "Kool-Aide". Prospects don't always buy the cheapest or less expensive product/service. Oftentimes, they are willing to spend significantly more to work with a particular individual whom they trust to provide them quality service AFTER the sale. Hmmm....I know I do.
I don't care how you spin your presentation, how cheap your policies are, or how ethical you think you are, or how pretty your tie is, if the prospect doesn't trust you or want to give you their money, there is nothing you can do about it.
I'm not defending LH one bit. However, I'm intelligent enough to know that people have choices. Some will buy me, instead of you. Some will buy you, instead of me. Some will buy LH, SL, NYL, Allstate, or whoever else they choose to spend with. Contrary to what you believe, it does not always mean they were bamboozled. All I'm saying is there is enough prospects out here for us all, without hating on those who don't do it our way.

I don't care how you spin your presentation, how cheap your policies are, or how ethical you think you are, or how pretty your tie is, if the prospect doesn't trust you or want to give you their money, there is nothing you can do about it.
Hey, you have to admit it...Todd does have a pretty tie. :yes:

You're taking this way too personal. Regardless of what you call it, everyone on this site is selling something, including you! If nothing less, at this very moment you're selling your opinion on the definition of "Kool-Aide" and what you think is the proper way to sell insurance. If LH is not doing it Todd's way, then it's "Kool-Aide". Prospects don't always buy the cheapest or less expensive product/service. Oftentimes, they are willing to spend significantly more to work with a particular individual whom they trust to provide them quality service AFTER the sale. Hmmm....I know I do.
I'm not defending LH one bit. However, I'm intelligent enough to know that people have choices. Some will buy me, instead of you. Some will buy you, instead of me. Some will buy LH, SL, NYL, Allstate, or whoever else they choose to spend with. Contrary to what you believe, it does not always mean they were bamboozled. All I'm saying is there is enough prospects out here for us all, without hating on those who don't do it our way.

Okay, but I don't have to lie and BS to sell something to someone. If you do, then that's on you. Just like it is on the LH guys.

Other than that...I'm sorry you don't seem to really understand what I'm saying. It's alright though. I'll just agree to disagree and go on with life.

I've had that happen as well... I called the client direct. My mind set is that they are mine... and in a very selfish way... :yes:

Any indy agent that takes on a mind set that they are out getting clients for the company and not for themselves... has no business mindset... or just thinks they are indy...

MINE MINE MINE...;)

I've had that happen as well... I called the client direct. My mind set is that they are mine... and in a very selfish way... :yes:

Any indy agent that takes on a mind set that they are out getting clients for the company and not for themselves... has no business mindset... or just thinks they are indy...

MINE MINE MINE...;)
That’s good that you think that way, cuz if you don’t take care of them properly, they’ll soon be MINE MINE MINE!:1wink:

As to whether they’re the company's client or mine, as far as the client is concerned, I AM the company. Even if I get termed on a contract (like I just did with Settlers), as long as I’m still breathing, I’m still their insurance man.

That’s good that you think that way, cuz if you don’t take care of them properly, they’ll soon be MINE MINE MINE!:1wink:

As to whether they’re the company's client or mine, as far as the client is concerned, I AM the company. Even if I get termed on a contract (like I just did with Settlers), as long as I’m still breathing, I’m still their insurance man.

Got a call today to change bank info on a UHL, UH, Assurity and Sagicor policies.

I emailed all of them. They called me. Who's clients are they?

Back