WI IL Border Looking for Indy Mentor or Local Office IMO

LifeWithRebecca

In 2018 I answered a blind ad for a benefits representative and before I even knew what happened, I was taking an exam onboarded and given a script to memorize. I was out on the field for a week with a Supervisor and then given a sale under my number to "get me active". I worked leads, made sales, and even recruited a couple friends as the money and job certainly looked promising. Then came real life. I needed to move from one state to another to take care of my terminally ill parents and since Leads were given to Home offices, I would need to switch offices which meant losing all of my existing clients, status, and commissions. At the same time this was going on, my mother and father were both fighting for their lives, I had no room for a company that made my life harder. I let my license lapse.

I am in the process of getting my license back and looking into which direction to take. I know I still have many things to learn in the industry so I am leery about just venturing out on my own. I am hoping there will be a local agent or office that is willing to invest in someone that is 100% sure this is the path for her. I am located on the border of IL/WI in a town called South Beloit. Close to Chicago/Milwaukee/Madision and willing to travel

I have my own source of leads all over the US that has just been growing over the last 2 years. Without going into much detail on here, I put on workshops all over the US that educated people what happens to your loved ones when you die unprepared and what being prepared looks like. The workshop was started by my Aunt in the early 2000's. She has passed away now and I have taken what she started and created something even bigger. By the time clients finish the 4 hour workshop, most have a basic estate plan created and notarized along with an idea of what they were missing to ensure their family is taken care of well after they are gone. The ability to conduct the insurance sales myself is one of the final pieces I want to add. Currently I get paid a $25/referral fee from a friend that works for Thrivent Financial and another friend that works for Northwestern Mutual but we all know I am missing out on serious coin.

I hope there is someone in the area, as all I am finding are MLM and I do not want to have such a limited offering or get pushed into recruit, sell crap products, and regret.

I very much believe in and have a passion for the Life Insurance/Final Expense industry.

Back