Wife's Boss Has Family Visiting 3 Weeks from Italy.

PotentialFarmer

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
The inlaws are visiting my wife's boss. I don't work in Health insurance but as an insurance agent she asked and I'm trying to help. Her father-in-law is 83 years old and has been diagnosed with Cancer. She is concearned that in the short visit if there is a complication it would be tough to get the level of care he's used to in Italy as well as could be rather costly.

Is there any good advise for him (besides stay in your home country you have cancer for christ sakes!), or are there no options for someone in this situation. Also would be looking for travel insurance for his wife as well who's in good health for her age.

Last edited:
These plans have coverage for pre-ex coverage except for acute onset of p-x condition.

Thanks a bunch, only issue now is that they've recently changed their max age to 80 now for out for non-US traveling an requiring coverage to US. Still haven't updated their website as of yet.

They forwarded me on to Visitors Insurance. I figured since you were kind enough to point me in the right direction I'd let you know where I'm looking into now.

What do most Italians do for health insurance when they leave their homeland??

They probably just get stable, head back home and foot us with the bill. Isn't that the american way? It works for illegal immigrants and the poor, who says we don't have nationalized health care already.

Back