Will Shared Internet Leads Become Illegal? Are They Now?

thanks Josh, just another thing to worry about each time I pick up the phone. This is not my problem nor is it mine to solve. I will keep calling a lead until I make contact or retire it after 6 trys. When I am told to not call again I was trained to go to the next one. The same as the 17 agents who end up with the same shared lead. You know "shared by no more than 3-5 agents" etc.etc....
My big worry today: the picks for the NBA draft.. or the end of the world....or Justice Roberts turning into a a Chief Justice Warren.

Most likely, if the industry doesn't clean up by itself, there will be a requirement for them to check that they're ok with being contacted by a specific number of agents.
This would probably be a beautiful class action lawsuit.

Hi Josh, I was told by JD you could help me with picking a few solid FE companies to write for in the NY area. I know this has nothing to do with this thread but its the only way I'm able to contact you lol. I'm a 5 yr MAPD rep in NYC thats looking to switch over to FE ASAP. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Hi Josh, I was told by JD you could help me with picking a few solid FE companies to write for in the NY area. I know this has nothing to do with this thread but its the only way I'm able to contact you lol. I'm a 5 yr MAPD rep in NYC thats looking to switch over to FE ASAP. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

Or you could have gone to the website shown in his signature and sent him a message.

Rick

Most likely, if the industry doesn't clean up by itself, there will be a requirement for them to check that they're ok with being contacted by a specific number of agents.

This would probably be a beautiful class action lawsuit.

Hmm, one wonders why the Aged Lead vendors haven't joined in this conversation? IMO, Aged leads will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Just like the consumer who contacted me pissed that he was being called two freaking years after he put information into a site to get an auto quote for his daughter.

Anyone here would be pissed too. Aged leads have to stop. I don't care what the Terms & Conditions were the consumer checked when they originally gave the information. So too are the games that some are playing by taking legit info & manufacturing a Life lead out of an Auto lead/mortgage lead/etc.

It is like being in "hell" having a few agents with an auto dialer calling me over & over to get me a quote when I didn't even Ask for a quote today.

Josh: FWIW, I'm not an attorney or expert in the DNC law....but our legal folks say what we are doing is okay per the law. I'm sure legal folks might disagree, just like Chief Justice Robert's yesterday:(

Josh: FWIW, I'm not an attorney or expert in the DNC law....but our legal folks say what we are doing is okay per the law. I'm sure legal folks might disagree, just like Chief Justice Robert's yesterday:(

What you're doing with them getting permission, albeit indirect and convoluted, is probably not an issue yet. If someone decides to make a fuss about it (class action) it could set new precedent, but that's not the law now. The law now is past 90 days it's an absolute and total violation absent them not being on the DNC list.

Hmm, one wonders why the Aged Lead vendors haven't joined in this conversation? IMO, Aged leads will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Just like the consumer who contacted me pissed that he was being called two freaking years after he put information into a site to get an auto quote for his daughter.

Anyone here would be pissed too. Aged leads have to stop. I don't care what the Terms & Conditions were the consumer checked when they originally gave the information. So too are the games that some are playing by taking legit info & manufacturing a Life lead out of an Auto lead/mortgage lead/etc.

It is like being in "hell" having a few agents with an auto dialer calling me over & over to get me a quote when I didn't even Ask for a quote today.

I know why agents buy aged leads but I can see where they can someday be another area the government steps in. As a consumer entering info on a website. I do expet to be contacted, But I don't expect to be contacted 3 months down the road.

As an agent the reason I gave up on internet leads is the conversations I had with people who told me they:

1. Only entered info to get credits on Farmville (which buy the way is 100% backwards from how lead vendors sell thier product they say the client searched for a term and ended up on the website)
2. Then you get the person who says they do not own a computer and when you go over the data provided all the public data like name address and phone # are correct but DOB height and weight and stuff are made up meaning some affiliate was entering data for a pay day.
3. Then you would reach the guy who says Yes I entered a quote request for my car insurance why are you calling about life insurance?

I don't buy internet leads any longer I don't like spending my money for fake data, having to fight with vendors to get credits and pissing people off by calling them when they did not ask to be contacted about these quotes.

I use a few lead companies, but Agent Insider is the worst as far as quality of leads. I only buy auto and home.

A good bit bit of time the prospect didn't fill out anything, then they start getting calls and emails. I simply give them AIs number, their lead ID and tell them to bitch them out. Then I tell them to complain to the FTC.

Back