Will There Ever Be a Day when Health Ins Agents Are No Longer Needed?

You too????? I just put on my Members Only jacket, swatch and Sony Cassette Walkman on my belt and am headed out to do run some errands. LOL...have a great weekend!

Will there be any downsides for people to use an agent/broker.

Insurance is here to stay & so are exchanges. However the selling manner will change over the next few years. The roll of the agent as we are today will be important, but the income will be diminished even more. Where are the professional sales people at Best Buy, Circuit City (?), Radio Shack, Travel Agencies, Costco, Home Depot etc.? Stock Brokers are gone, Car Salesman, and those who were Professional clothing sales people have disappeared. There will be some agents continuing to do as well or even better in the future. But there will be fewer and many more order takers in phone rooms. There is opportunity for a few who can master technology and fit it into the rules that are constantly changing. As for me, 2 more years and I am no longer an independent agent. My renewals will continue to decrease and I will qualify for a Walmart Greeter. It is an honorable career and the soon will provide uniforms.

Insurance is here to stay & so are exchanges. However the selling manner will change over the next few years. The roll of the agent as we are today will be important, but the income will be diminished even more. Where are the professional sales people at Best Buy, Circuit City (?), Radio Shack, Travel Agencies, Costco, Home Depot etc.? Stock Brokers are gone, Car Salesman, and those who were Professional clothing sales people have disappeared. There will be some agents continuing to do as well or even better in the future. But there will be fewer and many more order takers in phone rooms. There is opportunity for a few who can master technology and fit it into the rules that are constantly changing. As for me, 2 more years and I am no longer an independent agent. My renewals will continue to decrease and I will qualify for a Walmart Greeter. It is an honorable career and the soon will provide uniforms.

interesting point of view.. thanks for posting.

Joe

My renewals will continue to decrease and I will qualify for a Walmart Greeter. It is an honorable career and the soon will provide uniforms.

TSA pays better. You get to grope people. And everyone knows private industry does not create jobs. That only comes from the government.

You must have slept through the last election.

It sounds like the rugged indy agent is on the way out and Proffesional managers have started to sharpen their pencils

Back