Will United Healthcare Stop Buying Up Smaller Companies, Please?

Re: Will United Healthcare Stop Buying Up Smaller Companies, Plea

agree with that but i understood his use of the word within the contex of the statement

No doubt, but it it's annoying how people will just throw that word around so I thought I'd take the opportunity to draw attention to that not being slander (or libel for that matter).

On the P&C side there are companies like Agent Secure or Insurance Noodle and things where you don't get appointed with the company, you just produce and get paid the commission. It's something a lot of P&C agents use to get around the whole captive thing. You submit the application to the company and then they bind it and put their name on the declaration page (as the name of a company or agency so it's not a huuuuge deal really).

Is there such an equivalent for L&H as well? Perhaps you can just get your wife/finace'/SO/family member licensed and ghost write through them? Or perhaps there is someone you can just give the book to and get a 50/50 split with the company rather than nothing? In exchange you can get referrals from the partner and write other products/companies for them.

Man, I sound rather unethical when I say all of these out loud but I'm sure we've all come across it enough to know of another option.

Yet not slander. Slander is a term people love to throw around, but few actually understand it.
Not slander in a legal sense as slander has to be spoken and not written. But in in general usage terms, if it isn't slander, it comes close. Slander means to defame and when you imply someone is corrupt with any evidence to that fact is certainly defamatory. Didn't know we were required to use law library deffinitons in the forum.:1smile:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. The previous Rep's office (Dem) was very helpful when I presented my "case" to them a year and a half ago, but decided not to see it through. For some reason, I don't feel as confident with the current one (Rep) based on what I've read on him. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Would seem that you have judged the Rep based on the symbol following his name without giving him a chance. Could be he will be even more helpful than the other. Even if he isn't, it does not necessarily mean he in in someone's "pocket", a term which implies he is corrupt and on the take. Could be he just doesn't agree with you.

Last edited:

Not slander in a legal sense as slander has to be spoken and not written. But in in general usage terms, if it isn't slander, it comes close. Slander means to defame and when you imply someone is corrupt with any evidence to that fact is certainly defamatory. Didn't know we were required to use law library deffinitons in the forum.:1smile:

...but it doesn't come close. Politicians are public figures and as such the standard is much higher. What the poster said is a classic example of what is NOT defamation.

Before people start throwing around legal terms like slander the subject.hey should do a little homework on the subj

I recently did just that, re-applied. After a month long wait, they told me that I would most likely be denied due to the original termination for cause (5 years ago) and that some of the local agents complained about me (the local mexican mafia gang who don't want anyone in their playground). There is local genuine biotch agent who loves to look for things to accuse other agents of, or what she perceives. That is the one that always gets me in trouble. The letter stated that I had 60 days after the intial termination to appeal. Once that's exhausted, it's over. Any further appeals would be denied if the first appeal was denied, which it was.

I'm worried that they will buy up Bravo Health spring too. that is one of the other few options that I have in my area. I'm sticking with Aetna and Humana in hopes that they are too big to be bought out by UHC.
have you thought of moving to a different state where the local mexican mafia gang can't get to you. but then again, your "for cause termination" will go with you. given your situation you should consider a different line of work.

have you thought of moving to a different state where the local mexican mafia gang can't get to you. but then again, your "for cause termination" will go with you. given your situation you should consider a different line of work.

you're 6 months late to the party bud.

Back