Working for AAA Chicago

You're probably over-qualified, Raybia. But I'm sure you'll find the right opportunity. Your 15 years in one of the
mentally toughest careers on the planet means a lot.

Maybe so. Like many of us, I'm in a dead-end job that I hate as the company I currently work for convert my sales office into a collection center. I've been in the banking/lending industry for the past 19 years and in spite of my background, all of the banks in the area have decided not to touch me with a 10 foot pole.

I'm not complaining as I'm actually very thankful as this has made me realize that I need to start my own business and insurance sales is how I can both start my own business and still utilize my 19 years experience in financial services.

However, I've also decided I would feel more comfortable and ultimately be more successful by working directly in the insurance industry as a captive for 2 to 3 years or until I feel I'm ready to start my own agency but unless the captive position comes with a base pay, I'll have to do it part-time until I'm financially ready to make the leap to full-time, which currently I'm not.

However, I've also decided I would feel more comfortable and ultimately be more successful by working directly in the insurance industry as a captive for 2 to 3 years or until I feel I'm ready to start my own agency but unless the captive position comes with a base pay, I'll have to do it part-time until I'm financially ready to make the leap to full-time, which currently I'm not.

Sounds like a wise plan. Too many people think its easy to open your office and get a flood of new clients. Not likely without a significant marketing budget.

You do not need to be captive. I started out that way and left. I wanted to do the same thing. Get trainign and build an agency. I realized that for me a captive agency was not the way to go.
If you want any help let me know. You can start PT and go on from there. I have helped others do just that. It comes down to what you want to sell. The make a plan. I have done this with others and I like helping others out. This is a great field.

You do not need to be captive. I started out that way and left. I wanted to do the same thing. Get trainign and build an agency. I realized that for me a captive agency was not the way to go.
If you want any help let me know. You can start PT and go on from there. I have helped others do just that. It comes down to what you want to sell. The make a plan. I have done this with others and I like helping others out. This is a great field.

Thank you for the offer!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was called back for a second interview. Can anyone offer a little insight on what I may expect?

Last edited:
Well, I am very happy to say that I was offered the position after a couple of hours of demonstrative cold calling and a third interview.

Oh, I did accept by the way. So effective Sept. 13th, I will officially begin my career in the Insurance industry.

The first 90 days I know will be the most critical. Anyone willing to share their advise on the things I need to beginning doing NOW and over the next 90 days to ensure my initial and ongoing success?

Latest posts

Back