Writing Business with Ed Gentry ?

I’ll offer my perspective. Now that I see the complainer’s User Name it makes sense, because I certainly ruffled the Prince’s feathers.

As an IMO, we know that a steady flow of good quality, reasonably priced leads is critical to selling over the phone. For years we would simply refer agents to lead vendors. At times agents would contact us complaining that they hadn’t gotten leads, etc. Since we had no idea what was going on we couldn’t help. So, we decided to act as a clearinghouse. Orders came through us and we would order with various vendors trying to regulate the flow and keep closer tabs on delivery. Out of continuing frustration we spent the time and money to learn how to generate “telemarketing” leads to supplement the vendors. Typically we lose money on the leads, but earn it back and more on the overrides.

Now in this circumstance we received the agent’s order form for TEN leads ($255) on 2/14. The money was deposited in our bank on Friday 2/17. By Friday 2/24 I was getting nasty emails from her about not getting any leads.

We only get reasonable results on Tues, Wed and Thurs so that’s our production window. We don’t provide “off the self” leads. The leads are generated per order. We can’t control results. Sometimes it’s great and sometimes it sucks. Nor can we control when orders are sent to us. There were orders ahead of the Princess. Normally, I tell agents to not expect leads for two weeks. I cannot guarantee I told her, but it is standard procedure.

Even after a rational explanation of the process and time frames I got increasingly nasty emails and threats. So, all of this is because she didn’t get any leads within a week of ordering them.

My lesson is that I will add to the lead order form that delivery will take at least two weeks. Any thoughts are welcome. BTW, she has never written any business with us.

Are you sending her the leads?
She said she filed a dispute with her CC company. So in that event, No.
If I keep the money, then Yes.
I have spent $7.50 in merchant fees and about $60 trying to produce leads so far.

Ed, are you generating the leads totally in house or using a contractor?

Can't recall the guys name, but there was a fellow in nearby Dandridge a few years ago that generated some leads for me. Good quality.

You may know who I am talking about . . . or you may have no idea.

Back