YIO Export Instructions

radiusbob

Guru
100+ Post Club
Related to this Thread Comment, we wanted to post instructions for those of you whom have either contacted us or just inquired here on the forum about how to pull your data out of YIO 5.0.

While it is easier said then done, if you have the full version of MS Access, then you can follow these steps or you'll need to send along your database file to have your db admin, programmer or nephew/niece execute this for you:

Steps and pictures to get the YIO Export Data Files:
(This is for Access 2010, but should be similar for other versions).

Step 1 - Open YIO

Step 2 - In YIO click on the >> above the Navigation Pane Bar.
yio-1.jpg

Step 3 - Click on the V icons just to the right of the << after opening the Navigation Pane. Then click on the 'Object Type' selection. Then click on the 'Tables' option.
yio-2.jpg

Step 4 - Scroll Down to tblData, right click on it, select Export -> Excel. Follow the steps.
yio-3.jpg

Step 5 - Scroll Down to tblPolicies, right click on it, select Export -> Excel. Follow the steps
yio-4.jpg

Step 6 - Repeat Step 2, but instead of selecting tables, select Queries.
yio-5.jpg

Step 7 - Scroll Down to qryAllData, right click on it, select Export -> Excel. Follow the steps.

The main point here is to get the 'Notes' from YIO 5.0 which can't be done through the Standard Export via the User Interface.

Whether you stay with YIO, move to another provider or check out Radius, you'll be happy to know you can move everything over with bit of additional work.

Any questions let us know.

We'll post another Comment in the Offers Section for those Agents that are looking for an alternative to YIO.
cleardot.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately, YIO does not open within access for me. It opens as a stand-alone program so I don't have the access ribbon on the top.

Rick

I bought YIO about six months ago. I recently got a virus and had to reinstall my operating system. I was able to save YIO, but I lost all of my clients that I had loaded. The guy who reinstalled my system thought that the list of clients were still locatable, but he did not know where they were. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find this lost data? thanks, Jim

I bought YIO about six months ago. I recently got a virus and had to reinstall my operating system. I was able to save YIO, but I lost all of my clients that I had loaded. The guy who reinstalled my system thought that the list of clients were still locatable, but he did not know where they were. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find this lost data? thanks, Jim

Should be in your program files under YIO-5 I believe...

Back