Need Help Finding a Surplus Lines Broker in NY for my E-commerce Business but I'm Having a REALLY Ha

pleaseinsureme

I'm about to launch an online store that specializes in selling collectible swords. I've spoken with maybe 25 providers about general liability insurance, but nobody will write me a policy. I'm either rejected because I'm an online business, because I sell sharp, dangerous items, or because much of my inventory is made in foreign countries. My main concern is being protected in case a customer is injured while using one of our products because my understanding is that I would still be liable even if the customer was being negligent.

Everyone that it will need to be handled through a surplus lines/independent broker, but I can't find any good information on how to find a list of these companies and the ones I've found can't help. People say that I should find a broker that has access to the independent market and can shop around to get me a competitive quote, but every broker I find is totally useless and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm aware that coverage for this sort of thing can be expensive, but that's ok. I just need to find SOMEONE who will insure me. Can anyone help? I'm at my wit's end here.

Re: Need Help Finding a Surplus Lines Broker in NY for my E-commerce Business but I'm Having a REALLY Hard Time. Please

I might be able to assist you, can you PM me your contact info

Back