Umbrella with DUI

Hefe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My umbrella carriers require auto underlying limits of 500/500/100 if there was a DUI in the last 5 years.

My auto carriers will only go as high as 250/500/100 if there was a DUI in the last 5 years.

Obviously no one wants to write that umbrella but has anyone in CA found either an umbrella carrier that requires the lower limits or an auto carrier that will go to the higher limits?

I believe RLI will do it. It's been a while since I checked with a DUI though. I know they will take the DUI, just not sure what happens with the underlying limit requirements.

RLI Personal Umbrella Policy - (PUP)

Dan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oops, just checked, RLI is 500/500 as well with a DUI. Learn something new everyday.

Dan

Last edited:
Personal Umbrella .com will do it. Matter of fact just got a memo on Friday about this exact situation from Personal Umbrella. In Florida the carrier they use is AAIC I believe. Used to be Navigators.

Yeah, we use Personalumbrella.com all the time. Requires 500/500 when there was an alcohol related offense within 5 years, at least in CA. Just quoted this morning to be sure.

Back