What to Expect in the Next Few Months at State Farm

Hi everybody, I wanted to introduce myself. Im Chris, 20, and have had a pretty extensive background of corporate and retail sales, and buckets of customer service experience all along the way.

I just became a team member with one of the rising stars at State Farm last week, Thuyvu Ho, and I wanted to know what to expect in the next few months working here as a rather young man whos new to all this. Im new to insurance, still unlicensed, and will be undergoing licensing soon. Whats that going to be like?

A little background on my employer, shes 27, graduated out of UC Irvine as a bachelor of science, I dont remember what exactly.

In her first month and a half last year, she wrote 91 life apps. Weve only been open 5 months and weve just been identified as one of the teams capable of reaching top 100 this year if we work hard. I really hope I'm cut out for this line of work. I love people and i love helping them!

Hi everybody, I wanted to introduce myself. Im Chris, 20, and have had a pretty extensive background of corporate and retail sales, and buckets of customer service experience all along the way.

I just became a team member with one of the rising stars at State Farm last week, Thuyvu Ho, and I wanted to know what to expect in the next few months working here as a rather young man whos new to all this. Im new to insurance, still unlicensed, and will be undergoing licensing soon. Whats that going to be like?

A little background on my employer, shes 27, graduated out of UC Irvine as a bachelor of science, I dont remember what exactly.

In her first month and a half last year, she wrote 91 life apps. Weve only been open 5 months and weve just been identified as one of the teams capable of reaching top 100 this year if we work hard. I really hope I'm cut out for this line of work. I love people and i love helping them!

Welcome!

Hey, Im 20 myself, and licensed, and I am currently leaving a captive agency to go independent. So I can relate. if you want to chat or anything, shoot me an email.

A liar prick micro manager who will want total control of you working you 12 hrs a day while filling you head with BS seems to be the norm these days.

Welcome to the forum.

You should expect hard work in the next few months. If you don't pull your weight, you will be gone soon.

I just became a team member with one of the rising stars at State Farm last week, Thuyvu Ho,

Welcome to the forum, and the biz.

You're agent is off to a good start. 6 months does not ... a CAREER Make.

Hope you're writing some P&C too! There's nothing quite like leveraged residual income, which is what the Agent that owns the office gets when YOU sell or Cross Sell a policy :-)

Hope your plan is to be your own boss soon.

I havent sold anything and to be honest I love my agent to death. Ive worked retail cutthroat jobs and I can smell BS from a mile away. And hey, worse case scenario, I become a 20 year old college student with two licenses and another notch on my resume?

I havent written anything yet because I'm in my second week. Im being coached on how to cross sell Life with auto insurance based on the cash value of a Perm life policy.

Has anyone in this forum had anything GOOD to say about their beginnings?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, and the biz.

You're agent is off to a good start. 6 months does not ... a CAREER Make.

Hope you're writing some P&C too! There's nothing quite like leveraged residual income, which is what the Agent that owns the office gets when YOU sell or Cross Sell a policy :-)

Hope your plan is to be your own boss soon.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Quit drooling over your boss's success....and get yourself some of that pie.

Have you don a search here on this site about other people's experiences with State Farm, Farmers, Allstate, etc? Learn your craft, sign nothing that has a non compete, and do not borrow money or take advances from the company.

91 life apps is a lot. How many got through underwriting? ;) Quite an achievement, but longevity is important. Like I said, learn the business and get the hell out and go independent.

Back