19 Companies on Colorado Exchange

For reference, this is "applied" not "approved" or "offered". As we learned from Washington, it's possible for quite a few of these to drop out or not make the cut.

Every variation is counted as a different plan (they want to make it simple and eliminate the math of base+RX+rider. They also need an AV, calculated on the total plan cost/offerings.) 1 plan with 5 drug options is counted as 5 plans. If you have 2 optional riders available, suddenly it's 20.

Colorado is on of the more healthy states in the union.

It makes sense for carriers to want that business.

The exchanges are going to be all subsidies driven, so it will be interesting to see actual pricing.

Consumers will be able to compare health insurance rates in Colorado although there will be a lot of carriers. I'll be following the state very closely.

It's a little screwed up Blue Cross calls you before you even get a chance to look at a plan. Not even kidding, it wasn't even 20 seconds before my phone was ringing and I had to let them know I let autocorrect fill out my information and I live in a different state.

Nothing anywhere I saw said "expect a call from some Indian guy representing blue cross just because you were dumb enough to use a real phone number with your fake information while looking at the rates out of curiosity."

I though "123 fake st" and a NY area code was enough of a giveaway.

EDIT: They sent not one, but 2 emails as well (literally within 2 minutes). Just a few text messages and Facebook posts away from a teenage breakup.

DOUBLE EDIT: Got another phone call from another guy saying he's from another website that I "requested a quote from". Both of them indicated they would "remove me from the list".

**FYI just say "I'm a broker and was quoting for fun, because, you know, that's our type of fun" and they take you off the list and hang up.**

They did a horrible job of covering up the fact that this is "e-healthinsurance.com" with a different front end.

Last edited:
It's a little screwed up Blue Cross calls you before you even get a chance to look at a plan. Not even kidding, it wasn't even 20 seconds before my phone was ringing... They did a horrible job of covering up the fact that this is "e-healthinsurance.com" with a different front end.

Well, what kind of CHUMP would run such a lead generation site? Hey, one good thing --- at least the leads were fresh!

I guess if you can fool an agent, than anyone can be fooled. Ray, I'm assuming you've never bought a lead before.

Ah...Now I get it. Heck...I did not want you to enter your zip code!!!!

That's a consumer site!

I just called them and told them it was bad lead and don't pay me! Which means xxxx and xxxxx and xxxxx lead companies will be selling them. You know it.

Hi Ann

No normal junky lead site. I write all content, update it and forward any phone call to another broker (no compensation of course).

Last edited:
My bet is over half are dental companies and plans

I hate being right. 6 outside the exchange?

11 Insurers Want To Play Ball In Colorado’s Marketplace – Capsules - The KHN Blog

DORA Division of Insurance - News Releases

Corrected at 6:00 p.m. to reflect that 11 insurers, rather than 17 have submitted policies to sell in the state’s new online health insurance marketplace. The larger number includes those proposing to sell both inside and outside the online marketplace.
Colorado became the latest state Wednesday to post proposed health insurance plans for its new online marketplace, which is slated to begin enrolling people in coverage Oct. 1.
What stands out is the number of plans being proposed. A total of 11 insurers are seeking approval to market about 250 health plans to individuals and small groups in the state’s online marketplace under the federal health care overhaul.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Scanning the list, mostly regional players once again. Some observations:

UHC - ONLY group, OFF exchange ONLY
Humana - IFP & Group, OFF the exchange only
Cigna / Kaiser - both IFP / Group on and off exchanges

So much for robustness. We could find ourselves without products to sell, or having to fill out a lot of contracts

Last edited:
Rocky mountain rate shock! I can't think of one client that pays this much for health insurance currently in my book of biz (outside of GI).

------------------

The analysis by the nonprofit health agency says individual Connect for Health plans offered in Denver would range in cost from $207 to $373 per month for a typical 27-year-old, subject to state approval, and $253 to $454 a month for a typical 40-year-old, depending on which insurer is selling the plan.
A family plan in Denver would range from $756 to $1,360 a month for two parents age 40 with children under 18, CCHI said. And in a small-group plan, a typical 27-year-old Denverite would be charged $252 to $341 per month and a 40-year-old $307 to $415 a month.

Sample insurance rates offered for Colorado health exchange - Denver Business Journal

Back