Need E&O in Florida

AverageJoe

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
2-20 P&C in florida looking for E&O for independent agency. looking for 1mil per occurence/2mil agg. any recommendations for E&O company to get quote from?

averagejoe, did some research on your threads. You're extremely green, I know your parents have a company and want to keep everything in house..the ideal thing for you to have done would have been put that idea on hold for 6months-12months while you really geared up and tried to learn the business. Gone to work at an indy insurance agency. It's going to be tough for you to get off the ground even with gauranteed (leads) not business.

Where in Florida are you? Certain area's will be alot tougher to get appointed than others.

With your lack of experience, expect to pay minimum 5k+ yearly. I will try to help you but need more info,

averagejoe, did some research on your threads. You're extremely green, I know your parents have a company and want to keep everything in house..the ideal thing for you to have done would have been put that idea on hold for 6months-12months while you really geared up and tried to learn the business. Gone to work at an indy insurance agency. It's going to be tough for you to get off the ground even with gauranteed (leads) not business.

Where in Florida are you? Certain area's will be alot tougher to get appointed than others.

With your lack of experience, expect to pay minimum 5k+ yearly. I will try to help you but need more info,

I am located in Hillsborough/Hernando County area. I recently created my LLC and have my state license id#. I have been talking to various carriers that will appoint me with the E&O Quote that i already have (500,000 per claim/ 1 mill agg) but my parents have been dealing with a big carrier for years and they say they will appoint me even with no book of business, but i need 1mil per claim/1mil agg minimum.

The first quote I got was steep which is fine, I will be getting an SBA loan to cover start up cost.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for a great E&O carrier. I have searched the forum inside out there a lot of opinions mainly regarding price, but I want security over expense. Quality over price. Do you know any companies?

Back