Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents

View Poll Results: Does your E&O coverage use A.M. Best's "A-" rating as the cut-off for transactions it'
Yes 5 62.50%
Yes, but other NSROs are referenced. 0 0%
No, a different NSRO is referenced. 0 0%
No, there is no ratings-based exclusion. 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll     
Old 05-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
Super Genius
MichaelBurton on Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts:186
State: MichaelBurton is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
The last two E&O policies I have owned will not cover me if I sell a policy that, at the time of sale, was issued by an insurance company rated below A.M. Best's A-.

That leads me to believe that this must be a common clause; but, I thought I would check with other agents before I just assume. Hence, the poll.

Please offer up any details you care to share about your specific experience with E&O coverage.

------------------------------------
If something I say or write has jerked your chain, let me HEAR it . . . but please don't let me HAVE it. Know what I mean? Peace! Fiduciarylife.com

Last edited by MichaelBurton; 05-04-2016 at 10:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Old 05-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts:82
State: TriciaS is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll Re: Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Generally that is true, but several B+ carriers I deal with offer supplement coverage (free of charge) for agents for business written with them. (ie Genworth and before Athene was upgraded) so check with the carrier to see.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Old 05-29-2016, 05:28 PM   #3
Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts:649
State: agentinsouth is an Insurance Agent from
Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Originally Posted by MichaelBurton View Post
The last two E&O policies I have owned will not cover me if I sell a policy that, at the time of sale, was issued by an insurance company rated below A.M. Best's A-. That leads me to believe that this must be a common clause; but, I thought I would check with other agents before I just assume. Hence, the poll. Please offer up any details you care to share about your specific experience with E&O coverage.
Mine will do AM Near A, B and Demotech A.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Old 06-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #4
Super Genius
MichaelBurton on Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts:186
State: MichaelBurton is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll Re: Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll MichaelBurton is the thread starter for: Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll

Originally Posted by agentinsouth View Post
Mine will do AM Near A, B and Demotech A.
Thank you for sharing this, AIS!

----------

Originally Posted by TriciaS View Post
Generally that is true, but several B+ carriers I deal with offer supplement coverage (free of charge) for agents for business written with them. (ie Genworth and before Athene was upgraded) so check with the carrier to see.
Yes, I recently discovered this directly from Genworth.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Old 06-02-2016, 03:44 PM   #5
Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts:1,296
State: agentjhc is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
agentjhc is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
A- for mine...............................
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Reply to Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents




Similar Threads with Simple E&O Ratings Exclusion Poll
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll: Many Still Struggle to Pay ObamaCare Premiums Duaine Health Care Reform Forum 0 06-19-2014 01:23 PM
2014 Star Ratings Delayed superdave Senior Insurance Forum 1 10-09-2013 07:40 PM
E&O Carrier AM Best Ratings CAlnh E&O - Errors and Omissions for Insurance Agents 1 06-24-2013 08:02 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
This poll will close on 08-17-2017 at 02:28 PM