Group Disability

B

Briefcaseboy

In your opinion, what company offers the best group disability plans ? I just now had a thought ( could be dangerous ) Is there a company that offers association disability plans ?
:swoon:

All group policies are full of holes. Based on my limited knowledge, none of them really stand out from the crowd.

As far as associations, just about everyone offering individual DI allows associations. There is usually a discount and often simplified underwriting.

I'm not saying don't sell DI, but everyone has already had all these thoughts too. The hardest part about DI is getting people to see the need. Focus on that and the rest will be easy.

Vol-Agent, Thank you for your advice. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lets say on DI coverage, there is a 90 day elimination period for benefits to start, will it pay retroactively or should it be recommended that an employee put back at least 3 months salary in his savings account ?

Last edited by a moderator:
NO. Think of elimination days as a deductible.

I suggest you contact one of the group DI companies and look at a plan summary. Get an idea of what's there and then you will have good questions to ask from that document.

The biggest disadvantage to group DI is the definition and duration of the disability definition.

Vol-Agent, Thank you for your advice. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lets say on DI coverage, there is a 90 day elimination period for benefits to start, will it pay retroactively or should it be recommended that an employee put back at least 3 months salary in his savings account ?

Might want to recommend 4 months as they will pay a month behind meaning the first check will be 4 months out.

Norwayguy,

Thanks !! That is valuable information !

Back