Kaiser Group Commissions

pdbrian

I have a group that I originally wrote in 1988. The group has grown over the years from 15 to around 70. They recently bought out a competitor with about 20 employees and that group has been on a Kaiser plan since 1991. I was recently given a broker of record letter on the Kaiser. The Kaiser rep called to tell me I could be the broker for the group, but no commissions would be payable because the group's original inception date was prior to 1995 cutoff for broker commissions.

Has anyone had any experience getting Kaiser to waive this and pay commissions on a group this old? I'm trying to think of any options I can come with. I also wonder if the groups total size now being over 50 would have any bearing on the commission question.

Any suggestions????:skeptical:

Not much of a chance ( I used to be the Director of Sales for Kaiser Division in Texas, May It Rest In Peace). If you were a large producer for Kaiser you might have a chance via an appeal, but otherwise it will be tough. Keep in mind, while 20 ee's may be large to you, to KP it is not a big issue. You may want to try to develop an employer strategy that disadvantages the Kaiser plan and over time have employees migrate to the other.

I would just ask Kaiser for all of the information you need from them to shop the group. They will ask why, and tell them you are shopping it. Then see if they suddenly change their mind.....

Back