Opportunity to work with Farm Bureau

jallhands

:)Hi, I am new to the forum and to the insurance business. I am 26 years old and I have a managemet degree. I currently work for a medical supply company, but I am looking to make a career change. I may have an opportunity to go to work for Mississippi Farm Bureau and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect from this company?

Thanks!

Re: Farm Bureau

I had a friend that went to work for a Farm Bureau Office and really loves it. I think they are a good company.

Hi guys, thanks again! What's the deal with a mandatory 30 posts before you can send someone a message?

Hi guys, thanks again! What's the deal with a mandatory 30 posts before you can send someone a message?

That just helps to keep spammers from showing up and start PM everyone right off the bat.

Just start reading post and adding some value to them and you will have 30 post before you know it.

I am starting to get excited about this opportunity especially after talking to a couple of buddies who are agents for Farm Bureau! They are all making really good money for the rural area here in Mississippi that we live in. They all told me that I would be a fool not to take the job...I am a little worried about not knowing a damn thing about the business...but they said that Farm Bureau would train me and that I would learn something new everyday....Only time will tell....I am still a little skeptical, it justs sounds almost too good. I need more advice from those who have been there!

I am starting to get excited about this opportunity especially after talking to a couple of buddies who are agents for Farm Bureau! They are all making really good money for the rural area here in Mississippi that we live in. They all told me that I would be a fool not to take the job...I am a little worried about not knowing a damn thing about the business...but they said that Farm Bureau would train me and that I would learn something new everyday....Only time will tell....I am still a little skeptical, it justs sounds almost too good. I need more advice from those who have been there!

Go for it, I think it is a good opportunity. Once they train you, if you don't like it you can always go INDY.

My wife has been an underwriter for Farm Bureau for 35 years and she enjoys it. The agents love her as she takes the time to help them. I am now considering becoming an agent my self.

I think that I am going to take the offer...My buddies are all telling me not to accept anything less than $40,000 (commission) as far as initial book size goes...Will most give this to a newbie in the business...? Keep in mind I do have a management degree....

You will probably start out about $40,000 but that is not all from the book that will be assigned to you. Part of that is incentive money to get you to work for them. you will howerver be selling LIFE INSURANCE primarily and have to sell a good bit of it the first few years to be validated. The corp headquarters for Southern Farm Bureau Casualty is in Jackson, MS and they do a real good job of training...Most of the pressure is to sell the life and bank products and the p and c will take care of itself...so they say.

Back