Absolute Minimum $$$ to Start?

Great video Doug, and definitely a great proven way to break into the industry independently on a budget! Many captive shops "require" agents to knock on neighbors doors with a similar approach, I know I had to when I first started!

Did you teach yourself to edit these videos? They are really good!

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, learning how to use the editing software takes time and vigilance...

Kinda like learning how to sell Final Expense!:yes:

Wow you are so wrong it's infuriating. People fail in this business because they listen to terrible reccomdenations like yours. The goal is to always have fresh leads coming in hence the idea of not being undercapitalized... working 20 leads and then waiting on commissions to buy new ones and then waiting more time to buy more leads then a cancellation/nsf knocks them out completely.... a McDonald's franchise costs what 2.5 million! Starting a final expense career takes an absolute min of 3,000 and ideally 5. Get over your guys self It's about fresh consistent leads, no down time waiting and improving on every fresh batch until you can become like petey bear. Man alive, that guy was a legend. This job is for hard workers with thick skin and ideally sales experience who have saved up money. This isn't for a 50 year old loser who can't write a damn 3k check. I mean seriously! 50 years old and broke? Wow that's pathetic. You should be making 3k in dividends a month at that age. Wow. That's embarrassing. Check at Lincoln maybe they will take the risk of financing this lady some leads and maybe she is hungry and broke at 55 Idk . All I can say is I wouldn't put my money on her to succeed. Sorry not sorry!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, how old are you? As for being broke, she isn't.. She said the monthly bills and living expenses are taken care of.

I'm bumping my starting warchest minimum to $10,000. Hehehehe :D

Seriously though, I've been in business my whole life and couldn't imagine jumping into something completely underfunded and expecting great returns. What I'm trying to articulate is the fact that the chances of your success in this industry (or any industry) will have a direct relation to how much time and money you are willing to invest.

All that said, before you spend a penny, get in the car with a few producing agents. If you can honestly tell yourself you don't mind the clientele that we see on a daily basis, the miles and hours that we drive, the ups and downs of good and bad days, then get in here and make your mark.

There are other phenomenal options if FE isn't for you. Goillini pointed out that you can get into Med Supps (something I'm spring-boarding into from FE.) The clientele is more palatable to most people and you absolutely have the ability to cross-sell FE and many other products to them. Again, if you're short on cash and need this business to pay you a nice income right out of the gate it's the wrong choice, but if you have some money and patience, it's the better of the two options IMHO.

Get signed up with someone that does this on a day to day basis. Not a recruiter, a real in-the-field grunt who will support you and guide you through the good and the bad. If you aren't ready financially push it off a few months, save up your $$$$ and do it when the time is right.

Seriously though, I've been in business my whole life and couldn't imagine jumping into something completely underfunded and expecting great returns. What I'm trying to articulate is the fact that the chances of your success in this industry (or any industry) will have a direct relation to how much time and money you are willing to invest.

All that said, before you spend a penny, get in the car with a few producing agents. If you can honestly tell yourself you don't mind the clientele that we see on a daily basis, the miles and hours that we drive, the ups and downs of good and bad days, then get in here and make your mark.

There are other phenomenal options if FE isn't for you. Goillini pointed out that you can get into Med Supps (something I'm spring-boarding into from FE.) The clientele is more palatable to most people and you absolutely have the ability to cross-sell FE and many other products to them. Again, if you're short on cash and need this business to pay you a nice income right out of the gate it's the wrong choice, but if you have some money and patience, it's the better of the two options IMHO.

Get signed up with someone that does this on a day to day basis. Not a recruiter, a real in-the-field grunt who will support you and guide you through the good and the bad. If you aren't ready financially push it off a few months, save up your $$$$ and do it when the time is right.

Hahahaa, that's a nice way of saying they're not on the Cat Piss Circuit. You say it a lot nicer than I can.:yes:

Please you don't start this too! What I mean is making blanket statements about all recruiters. Yes, there are many that never spent the first day in the field and then there are others who did and expanded into recruiting. Just because a recruiter isn't in the field anymore doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.

Please you don't start this too! What I mean is making blanket statements about all recruiters. Yes, there are many that never spent the first day in the field and then there are others who did and expanded into recruiting. Just because a recruiter isn't in the field anymore doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.[/QUOTE]

It kinda does mean exactly that. Moreso when the only FE production they ever did was a policy here and there. If a recruiter never made their living selling FE fulltime then they are not worth contracting with or listening to.

Please you don't start this too! What I mean is making blanket statements about all recruiters. Yes, there are many that never spent the first day in the field and then there are others who did and expanded into recruiting. Just because a recruiter isn't in the field anymore doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about.

You're right, that is a little too broad, there are many good places to go, your's included from what I understand Todd. Prospective insurance sales reps should be on the lookout for "Make 100k in your first year!" BS. Odds are that's not going to happen and many will fail out without understanding that you can absolutely make that and more if you just stay with it and have the right long term mindset.

Back