AmCon Prescription Check

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Just wondering if the new prescription check that AmCon is instituting will cause any of you to use another carrier? Think they were one of the few that didn't do a prescription check, and now that's going to change as of next Monday.

BTW, how many of you guys have a debit company or two that operate in your areas that you work? Down here in my area there are two major ones that probably have policies in half the houses that I've been in lately. If they've been having their coverage for a number of years or if they like they're agent that comes by each month you probably won't be replacing any coverage. I'm supposed to write one in the morning that's got one of the debit companies, but the one she's got can't write anything but modified coverage after age 70 and she's 79 so there are some opportunities with those cases.

Those debit policies are easy to beat at any age.

AmCon will still be very usable. Just not as user friendly as before. But no one else is either.

Yes if you're comparing buying coverage today with them vs. today with one of our companies. If they've been having them for 10+ years it would be tough.

Yes if you're comparing buying coverage today with them vs. today with one of our companies. If they've been having them for 10+ years it would be tough.

I replaced an LH last week that had been in force for 8 years. Still beat the premium by $10/mo.

Don't be afraid to review all the junk in the home.

Just wondering if the new prescription check that AmCon is instituting will cause any of you to use another carrier? Think they were one of the few that didn't do a prescription check, and now that's going to change as of next Monday.

BTW, how many of you guys have a debit company or two that operate in your areas that you work? Down here in my area there are two major ones that probably have policies in half the houses that I've been in lately. If they've been having their coverage for a number of years or if they like they're agent that comes by each month you probably won't be replacing any coverage. I'm supposed to write one in the morning that's got one of the debit companies, but the one she's got can't write anything but modified coverage after age 70 and she's 79 so there are some opportunities with those cases.

I foresee using AmCon just as much as I used to. I have never used them as a clean sheet company. I have used them when Mildred has a laundry basket full of rx bottles and is a bit cooky. But I have always made sure they could honestly Answer No to all the questions

I replaced an LH last week that had been in force for 8 years. Still beat the premium by $10/mo.

Don't be afraid to review all the junk in the home.

Truth. I believe that a dog with a note around his neck could sell FE if he was in enough houses. The next level where you really start making money is when you are like a crime scene investigator and dig up every policy they have and review em all. You will earn business that 95% of FE agents would never get.

Of course you can replace anything by waiving the carrot of getting there cash value back but you ain't replacing a 5-10 yr old policy oranges tot oranges on let's say a 70 yr old smoker who took it out 5-10 yrs ago.

Is there a particular way of asking to see their policies that you guys find more effective? I sense that most people are hesitant to go get their policies, either from fear that you will replace them without their permission, or perhaps that they don't really have the coverage that they're telling you they have.

On the AmCon, Indiana260, were you having to review all of their medications with the RX guide or just not have to list them if the health issue didn't come up due to them not running a RX check?

Last edited:
The biggest obstacle is many people either tell you they don't know were the policy is even if they do or they have it lockbox or there kids have it

Is there a particular way of asking to see their policies that you guys find more effective? I sense that most people are hesitant to go get their policies, either from fear that you will replace them without their permission, or perhaps that they don't really have the coverage that they're telling you they have.

On the AmCon, Indiana260, were you having to review all of their medications with the RX guide or just not have to list them if the health issue didn't come up due to them not running a RX check?

They didn't have an rx guide. And no I didn't list their rx. I just sled the questions on the app exactly how they are written.
I had 2 contestable claims and both were paid.

Back