Breaking Into a New Area

I normally drive an hour and a half to 2 and a half hours away and pretty much always spend the night. Rather than spending 4 hours driving back and forth, I prefer to get a nice hotel room and go out for a nice dinner and drinks and then get a good night sleep. The next day I usually work from 11 to 3 and then get home by 5.

I will admit that when you schedule appointments two days out you will get stood up more. But I always have leads that never answer the phone and use the stood up time to work them.

I just spent a day and a half on the road. I will write off the following items

Hotel $150
dinner & drinks $50
mileage 550
lead costs $150
aspirin and V8 juice $7
mouth wash $5

I wrote $114, 57, 45, 39 and 25. It was a soft day and a half which is usually the case when I start a new territory. it takes a few weeks to get the lay of the land and learn the new talk. Because we all know they all talk differently!

you working Tues/wed now? the creek is a step up of Musk for sure.. do you ever work the stick for Michigan? is 7 month about the time you stay in an area?

Actually Muskegon was quite good this time around. I usually stay in an area for 6 to 10 months at a time. Not sure what the stick is?

It's pretty easy to do when you are very active and using an appointment setter. Mariana and I spent more than that in 2014 to write over $500k in AP for the year!

So you're ok with talking or in your words "bragging" about your personal production, but asking about agency production is where the line is drawn?

So you're ok with talking or in your words "bragging" about your personal production, but asking about agency production is where the line is drawn?

I'm not sure what your problem is... first you ask me on a public forum, a question that you would never ask over the phone or in person, and now you ridicule me for sharing my experience working a butt load of leads.

Meanwhile you hide behind a screen name!

Care to share your name and up line/IMO with us?

I'm not sure what your problem is... first you ask me on a public forum, a question that you would never ask over the phone or in person, and now you ridicule me for sharing my experience working a butt load of leads.

Meanwhile you hide behind a screen name!

Care to share your name and up line/IMO with us?

Oooh the famous, hiding behind a screen insult, good one douglas. I asked you a legitimate question that no other IMO is afraid to answer and you took that so personal. You send me a pm saying how it's inappropriate to talk numbers and i politely disagreed in my response. Then you come back and talk about your personal nunbers? So bottom line your agency doesn't produce, just say that - no need to be a hypocrite.

I'm with one life, but going to change my contracts are good but they gave me no training and I'm hitting a plateau so I'm asking questions so I can make a decision...and when fex openly states they do 10 million and have 30 ppl om a convention trip, it shows success. Whe you freak out then call other recruiters om here liars behind there back, it reaks of failure.

Take this message for whatever you want, but if you want to grow your agency transparency is a good starting point.

Back