First Day Out Canvassing Few Questions.

ncaggie

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Knocked about 30 doors in a trailer park filled out 20 surveys, 13 people gave me their numbers gonna follow up, only 3 seemed somewhat interested. I took pretty good notes for the CRM. Gonna go back out next week for a couple days, next time gonna have a targeted list and laminated mailer.

Few questions: one lady said she had colonial penn thru employeer, which I know is gonna go bye bye when she leaves, she stated its whole life. I told her if she leaves its gone, she then replies i got 10k for 10 dollars a month. Im gonna ask for a policy review, my question is, does colonial penn really offer group whole life thru the employer i cant find anything online about it.

Another lady seems interested, she is pregnant has two kids. Was thinking of a term policy, if she signs up for Transamerica LB with child rider can she go back and add the unborn kid?

Your first lady almost certainly does NOT have Colonial Penn through her employer. Likely she has Colonial Life, a completely different outfit. Don't even bother unless you can see the policy or call the company with her. Almost certainly she doesn't know what she has, so you are comparing against her memory. Also, she will almost certainly defer any decision until she can review what you offer against her policy.

Another lady seems interested, she is pregnant has two kids. Was thinking of a term policy, if she signs up for Transamerica LB with child rider can she go back and add the unborn kid?

If she adds the kids to the policy at the time of writing it then she'll be able to add the newborn to it later. If she does not add the brat rider with the base app then she'll have 90 days to add the CTR. Now....this is the rule of the FE plans and I'm assuming the same rule applies to TA term.

Be careful about writing young people in a trailer park. Unless they have a responsible nature beyond their years they won't keep it more than a couple of months. Even I don't canvass in trailer parks but if I did I would cherry pick only the ones that were really nice with well kept yards with nice cars in the driveway.

Knocked about 30 doors in a trailer park filled out 20 surveys, 13 people gave me their numbers gonna follow up, only 3 seemed somewhat interested. I took pretty good notes for the CRM. Gonna go back out next week for a couple days, next time gonna have a targeted list and laminated mailer.

Few questions: one lady said she had colonial penn thru employeer, which I know is gonna go bye bye when she leaves, she stated its whole life. I told her if she leaves its gone, she then replies i got 10k for 10 dollars a month. Im gonna ask for a policy review, my question is, does colonial penn really offer group whole life thru the employer i cant find anything online about it.

I have never picked what a client needs BEFORE I get to an appointment. If she lets you come see her, just dig into what she NEEDS. You are new and trying to get your momentum. Why even bring up term insurance that is harder to get approved and can take weeks/months. Just show her a "burial" plan and get it done. Then take that WHOLE commission and buy you some leads.

Also when I am doing Market Surveys, I am rarely getting into what type of policy they currently have...but if they do volunteer that information, I am going for the appointment RIGHT THEN! "Oh I'd be happy to go over that with you! Do you want to sit out here or is inside better?"

As far as the Colonial policy, it will be Colonial Life...not Colonial Penn.

----------

I will be in Huntsville Alabama area Nov. 28th through Dec. 1st....you really should plan to ride down for a day. There is so much I think you could use some help on.

I'm sure its Colonial Life and accident owned by Unum. Aflac and Colonial do have pretty good whole life Policy's for employee's. As Ben said strike right then and there as getting back in the house is tough tough. Just like during a presentation. If you leave the home with no app i'd say the chances of ever writing them are less than 10%.

Forget the CRM and getting followup phone numbers and just look to get in if you're doing FE. Unless of course you prove to do well with the followups.

Your approach sounds like you learned to prospect from "Edward Jones".

The laminated mailer and the targeted list sounds like a much more effective approach in my opinion. What is the 'survey' you are using?

Hi, my name is (agent). My purpose for coming by today is because I am personally conducting a survey to evaluate the needs, interests, and opinions about financial planning as it relates to Life Insurance. All I need is about 2 minutes of your time to ask a few questions.

Name_________________________Size Of Family______________ Marital Status______________

How often do you think about Death and dying and the importance of planning for the future?________________________________________________________________________
What do you feel is the purpose for Life Insurance?___________________________________
Do you believe an individual can leave their family too much Life Insurance?______________
What is your primary choice when purchasing Life Insurance? (Telephone, Office, Door To Door Agent)__________________________________________________________________
How do you feel about door to door Insurance Agents?________________________________
On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge of Insurance Products?___________
If the breadwinner of your home passed away what financial shape would your family be left in?__________________________________________________________________________
Do you currently have Life Insurance?________If Yes Who is Your Provider?______________
Do you have a Life Insurance Agent you see on a regular basis?__________________________
When was the last time you reviewed your coverages with an Insurance Agent?_____________
If the breadwinner of your home become terminally Ill would your Insurance Payments be paid to warrant that you don't lose coverage?_____________________________________________
Is your current insurance policy a level benefit or decreasing benefit?_____________________
Does your insurance premiums remain the same for your whole life or do your premiums increase after a certain age in life?_________________________________________________
Do you feel like you pay too much for Life Insurance?_________________________________
What do you feel would be a much more reasonable price for your Life Insurance?__________

Thanks for taking the timeMr./Mrs. ______ to answer these questions.

Would you mind if Icontacted you in a few days to evaluate your current policies and/or offer some freequotes?_____________________________________________________________________ ___

Address______________________________________Age________________________________ __

Tobacco_________________________Current Health Conditions_____________________________

Telephone number___________________________email:___________________________________

----------

I have never picked what a client needs BEFORE I get to an appointment. If she lets you come see her, just dig into what she NEEDS. You are new and trying to get your momentum. Why even bring up term insurance that is harder to get approved and can take weeks/months. Just show her a "burial" plan and get it done. Then take that WHOLE commission and buy you some leads.

Also when I am doing Market Surveys, I am rarely getting into what type of policy they currently have...but if they do volunteer that information, I am going for the appointment RIGHT THEN! "Oh I'd be happy to go over that with you! Do you want to sit out here or is inside better?"

As far as the Colonial policy, it will be Colonial Life...not Colonial Penn.

----------

I will be in Huntsville Alabama area Nov. 28th through Dec. 1st....you really should plan to ride down for a day. There is so much I think you could use some help on.
Thanks i have to work my regular job then.

Hi, my name is (agent). My purpose for coming by today is because I am personally conducting a survey to evaluate the needs, interests, and opinions about financial planning as it relates to Life Insurance. All I need is about 2 minutes of your time to ask a few questions.

Name_________________________Size Of Family______________ Marital Status______________

How often do you think about Death and dying and the importance of planning for the future?________________________________________________________________________
What do you feel is the purpose for Life Insurance?___________________________________
Do you believe an individual can leave their family too much Life Insurance?______________
What is your primary choice when purchasing Life Insurance? (Telephone, Office, Door To Door Agent)__________________________________________________________________
How do you feel about door to door Insurance Agents?________________________________
On a scale from 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge of Insurance Products?___________
If the breadwinner of your home passed away what financial shape would your family be left in?__________________________________________________________________________
Do you currently have Life Insurance?________If Yes Who is Your Provider?______________
Do you have a Life Insurance Agent you see on a regular basis?__________________________
When was the last time you reviewed your coverages with an Insurance Agent?_____________
If the breadwinner of your home become terminally Ill would your Insurance Payments be paid to warrant that you don't lose coverage?_____________________________________________
Is your current insurance policy a level benefit or decreasing benefit?_____________________
Does your insurance premiums remain the same for your whole life or do your premiums increase after a certain age in life?_________________________________________________
Do you feel like you pay too much for Life Insurance?_________________________________
What do you feel would be a much more reasonable price for your Life Insurance?__________

Would you mind if Icontacted you in a few days to evaluate your current policies and/or offer some freequotes?_____________________________________________________________________ ___

Address______________________________________Age________________________________ __

Tobacco_________________________Current Health Conditions_____________________________

Telephone number___________________________email:___________________________________

----------

Are you looking to focus on the FE market?

The survey above seems geared to a more general life market. Not a bad thing but if you are wanting to exclusively focus on FE I would change your approach to the aforementioned DM piece and targeted list.

It sounds like you already have that figured out but if you want more info on data vendors you can read about them here.

----------

I sent you my market survey. I have been using it for YEARS and it works perfectly. You decided to change it and add all sorts of unnecessary things, so now I see why it's not working for you.

Back