Be Honest - You're BROKE!

It seems to me that, given the responses from some of the successful agents on thie forum, the title of this thread should be 'Being Honest, I'm BROKE, why AREN'T you?' :skeptical::1rolleyes:

I hate to say this, but I think it is only going to get worse. Lead costs keep going up. Appointment setters don't work for free. Something must give somewhere. Don't you think?

It is very difficult for new people to get into this business. I started out 28 years ago as a debit agent.

I hate to say this, but I think it is only going to get worse. Lead costs keep going up. Appointment setters don't work for free. Something must give somewhere. Don't you think?

It is very difficult for new people to get into this business. I started out 28 years ago as a debit agent.

Appointment setters are fat that can be trimmed and definitely not for newbies...

What would a NEW agent need an appointment setter for? He's not busy enough to hire that out if he's new.

That kind of foolishness definitely puts a new agent out of the biz fast.

What would a NEW agent need an appointment setter for? He's not busy enough to hire that out if he's new.

That kind of foolishness definitely puts a new agent out of the biz fast.

When I got started, I hired an appt setter immediatley. I cold door knocked and she booked appts. That's how it went. I still do that now, but i door knock leads we couldnt get in touch with.

Idk if what i did was stupid, but I wasn't "broke" either.

When I got started, I hired an appt setter immediatley. I cold door knocked and she booked appts. That's how it went. I still do that now, but i door knock leads we couldnt get in touch with.

Idk if what i did was stupid, but I wasn't "broke" either.

Here's the flaw in what you did. If you were new to the biz YOU need to learn how to set appointments. How can you teach and manage an appointment setter if you aren't familiar with it yet? Plus if you are out door knocking you have more free time on your hands than money to spend. That's time you could be setting your appointments.

Hiring an appointment setter AFTER you are writing huge numbers and busy 24/7 can be a smart time management decision. Hiring an appointment setter when you are new and have nothing going on is avoidance behavior. It's the opposite of what a new agent needs.

Appointment setters blow through leads. It's fine once you are really cooking and want an extra field day. But in the beginning I can't think of a single reason why an appointment setter would be an advantage over setting your own appointments. You need to develop your skills even if you don't enjoy doing it. There is no other way to learn.

Here's the flaw in what you did. If you were new to the biz YOU need to learn how to set appointments. How can you teach and manage an appointment setter if you aren't familiar with it yet? Plus if you are out door knocking you have more free time on your hands than money to spend. That's time you could be setting your appointments.

Hiring an appointment setter AFTER you are writing huge numbers and busy 24/7 can be a smart time management decision. Hiring an appointment setter when you are new and have nothing going on is avoidance behavior. It's the opposite of what a new agent needs.

Appointment setters blow through leads. It's fine once you are really cooking and want an extra field day. But in the beginning I can't think of a single reason why an appointment setter would be an advantage over setting your own appointments. You need to develop your skills even if you don't enjoy doing it. There is no other way to learn.

I don't agree. I'm building my business and i need to find out what can I do to generate the mist income. I was only buying 15 to 20 leads a week. She would call them and she would cold call too to book appts. I ran appts, and cold door knocked. At the end of the year i netted 60k. I could have done better, but i dont see how i could have done that my first year without my setter. I closed an extra sale or 2 a week from her cold call appts or my cold door knocking.

600 avg av × 40 weeks = 24k x %120 = $28,800 × 80% persistency = $23,040 net w/o renewals. (I'm being ultra conservative). I paid her 15 an hr which includes her bonus for 30 hrs a week which is 18k for the year (40 weeks). I net 5k and am appt setter to call all my leads. Idk how that is wrong other than taking a little risk.

If you say it's wrong bc I need to develop my skills then i disagree. Appt setting is simple. I cold called along side my setter and would book appts if it was raining amd i didnt want to door knock. What i need help closing more sales!

I don't agree. I'm building my business and i need to find out what can I do to generate the mist income. I was only buying 15 to 20 leads a week. She would call them and she would cold call too to book appts. I ran appts, and cold door knocked. At the end of the year i netted 60k. I could have done better, but i dont see how i could have done that my first year without my setter. I closed an extra sale or 2 a week from her cold call appts or my cold door knocking.

600 avg av × 40 weeks = 24k x %120 = $28,800 × 80% persistency = $23,040 net w/o renewals. (I'm being ultra conservative). I paid her 15 an hr which includes her bonus for 30 hrs a week which is 18k for the year (40 weeks). I net 5k and am appt setter to call all my leads. Idk how that is wrong other than taking a little risk.

If you say it's wrong bc I need to develop my skills then i disagree. Appt setting is simple. I cold called along side my setter and would book appts if it was raining amd i didnt want to door knock. What i need help closing more sales!

Rule #1 is that if your happy with everything, don't change anything.

But it defies all logic (to me) to hire an appointment setter with only 15 leads a week and plenty of spare time.

You could very well be an exception. I know nothing about you. But in my experience, agents who hire an appointment setter before they are really busy and really making money aren't in the business long term.

She would call them and she would cold call too to book appts. I ran appts, and cold door knocked. At the end of the year i netted 60k. I could have done better, but i dont see how i could have done that my first year without my setter. I closed an extra sale or 2 a week from her cold call appts or my cold door knocking.

If you've got an appointment setter that sets appointments from cold calling, you have found yourself a diamond from of a coal mine... I would keep her as happy as humanly possible and never let her go...:yes:

Latest posts

Back