Oxford Re Write

jemelton

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just wrote a guy with Oxford. He had a policy with them that he lapsed (actually he cancelled it to get the junk policy he has now). It cancelled 7 years ago!!! So I get a new business memo stating they will pay me a reduced commission. I call ask what that is and they tell me a second year commission. I think I will pass. I was not the original agent on the policy. What a joke.

Bush league. I could see if I was the other agent that wrote the other policy but 7 years later and I'm penalized for he is not him back?! Wtf

Bush league. I could see if I was the other agent that wrote the other policy but 7 years later and I'm penalized for he is not him back?! Wtf

They pulled this stunt on me awhile back when I was writing for them. Definitely a dumb rule on their part. Use another carrier.

I know how the carrier thinks...we can only pay out 120% on this premium once before it affects our return. But to the agent who doesn't know the guy had the other policy 7 years ago your reward for bringing that premium back to the carrier is a renewal commission affects our return too its not like because he had a policy with the company before our acquisition costs are lower.

I could see if I was the other agent but I'm not and I didn't churn the guy. This can't happen that often, he last switched 7 years ago and the Oxford policy is the one he cancelled when he got his current policy

Back