Poll About FE Commissions

Would equal commissions for all be good?

• Yes, Everyone the same is fair

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No, I prefer it the way it is now.

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I am an undecided voter

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I was talking with one of the company managers recently and they had brainstorming session tossing ideas around. One idea they had brought up was having a basic street level that every agent is at. The up lines would have a standard margin. Let's say the agent commission is 110% and the up line had a spread of 10%.

Then the agent would have monthly points where he would increase by 5%, 10% or 15% for that month. The up line agency would be at the same spread no matter what the agent got but if the agency hit much larger agency production goals they would get a 5% bonus at some point too.

They were sort of comparing this to the lead credits that several companies use now. With the lead credits, real producers get a commission bump and BSers don't.

It does put everyone on a pretty fair playing field. Might not be great if the company doing it that way was not one of your top two though.

What are people's thoughts on something like that?

I was talking with one of the company managers recently and they had brainstorming session tossing ideas around. One idea they had brought up was having a basic street level that every agent is at. The up lines would have a standard margin. Let's say the agent commission is 110% and the up line had a spread of 10%.

Then the agent would have monthly points where he would increase by 5%, 10% or 15% for that month. The up line agency would be at the same spread no matter what the agent got but if the agency hit much larger agency production goals they would get a 5% bonus at some point too.

They were sort of comparing this to the lead credits that several companies use now. With the lead credits, real producers get a commission bump and BSers don't.

It does put everyone on a pretty fair playing field. Might not be great if the company doing it that way was not one of your top two though.

I think they would rather get 110% street and if they are a good producer, we just give them a 5 or 10 point bump for all business.

Unless the bonus bump you mentioned is locked in and not just after x amount of production.

Company managers brainstorming?? :laugh::1smile::1smile::1smile:

That's a good one!!

What's next? Videos on how to sell??:goofy:

I don't remember him saying it was Settlers.:laugh:

Sounds like it could be an accounting nightmare.

Don't be a hater like Bob. I didn't say it was settlers either. Bontellivision did not have a monopoly on bad sales videos.

It's funny to me that the people that have no idea how their products get sold could have a "brainstorming" session about commissions. Or anything else related to the field agents for that matter.

What could they come up with? A big check?:goofy: Monopoly money?:goofy:

"Covered"?:goofy::D surely there's companies besides settlers coming up with that kind of stuff?:1wink:

Don't be a hater like Bob. I didn't say it was settlers either. Bontellivision did not have a monopoly on bad sales videos.

It's funny to me that the people that have no idea how their products get sold could have a "brainstorming" session about commissions. Or anything else related to the field agents for that matter.

What could they come up with? A big check?:goofy: Monopoly money?:goofy:

"Covered"?:goofy::D surely there's companies besides settlers coming up with that kind of stuff?:1wink:

I enjoyed Bontellvision and am anxiously awaiting round 2.

If you don't fold the little check that's attached to the BIG CHECK over, it's sticks out of your case.:yes:

The only real ways they could make that happen is to either have the agents as LOA or just bonus them out each month. I don't see them getting each company to change the levels back and forth all the time.

The only real ways they could make that happen is to either have the agents as LOA or just bonus them out each month. I don't see them getting each company to change the levels back and forth all the time.

I think it would work exactly like the lead credits work.

q:60

For all of you "undecided voters" out there ...

Back