Question About GI and Graded Policies

scottstreet

Guru
100+ Post Club
looking at the AIG GI producer guide I see that the insured and the owner need to be the same. Is this common across the FE spectrum?
Trying to find a GI for sister in law's dad SIL would be owner. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim

looking at the AIG GI producer guide I see that the insured and the owner need to be the same. Is this common across the FE spectrum?
Trying to find a GI for sister in law's dad SIL would be owner. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim

Why did he need GI?
Gerber will allow as long as he can sign the app. They won't accept POA anymore. NGL still accepts POA sig

AIG is the only GI company that I'm familiar with, who requires Owner/Insured to be the same person.

Not sure why this is, but for the past 6 months of us selling us, there's been no way around it.

Why anyone would sell a GI product that charges back 100% of the commission if the client cancels or stops paying in the first 6 months, is beyond comprehension and any common sense.

Greed is not a good reason to pick a GI carrier!

I understood it to be 100% for lapses like Vantis was back in the day. Then everyone says they changed. Well, Ben and Todd.

Back