Security National- Question 10b Interpretation

sbbuhc

Expert
the question is:

10.b) Have you received medical advice, treatment, been advised, to have treatment or surgery, or taken medication for Alzheimer's or organ transplant?

To me this question reads as though it is specifically regarding Alz or organ transplant ONLY. Underwriting says no. How do some of you interpret the meaning of this question?

If it is as underwriting says then I think it should be a 10c not just one question, just seems poorly worded. Perhaps I am wrong.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you're asking????

thanks,
underwriting says the question covers ANY pending surgery (ie could be surgery pending on hammer toe or a broken finger) but to me it reads (and every applicant I've read the question to) as though it is specifically addressing ONLY ALZ OR ORGAN transplant?

how do others interpret it?

thanks, underwriting says the question covers ANY pending surgery (ie could be surgery pending on hammer toe or a broken finger) but to me it reads (and every applicant I've read the question to) as though it is specifically addressing ONLY ALZ OR ORGAN transplant? how do others interpret it?

Did you actually talk to an underwriter? This question is dealing with Alz and organ transplant. There is another question on pg 2 that discuss pending surgery/medical treatment that hasn't been performed.

Did you actually talk to an underwriter? This question is dealing with Alz and organ transplant. There is another question on pg 2 that discuss pending surgery/medical treatment that hasn't been performed.

yes, spoke to the underwriter who declined based on a pending surgery, nothing to do with organ transplant or alz. i wrote it graded based on Q13 which to my interpretation was correct. To me, like you, question 10b is specifically for alz and organ trans but Tommy just emailed me and said 10b means any pending surgery at all is a decline. thanks.

the pending surgery is bladder mesh,

Last edited:
the question is:

10.b) Have you ever received medical advice, treatment, been advised, to have treatment or surgery, or taken medication for Alzheimer's or organ transplant?

To me this question reads as though it is specifically regarding Alz or organ transplant ONLY. Underwriting says no. How do some of you interpret the meaning of this question?

If it is as underwriting says then I think it should be a 10c not just one question, just seems poorly worded. Perhaps I am wrong.

There're actually 2 questions within the question.

1. Have you ever received medical advice, treatment, been advised, to have treatment or surgery? It's really not worded properly....but if they've been advised to have treatment or surgery and haven't had it yet, they won't be eligible until they have. Then, depending on the surgery, etc. they'll probably be ROP for 2 years. Every company asks this question unless they're GI(or Settlers Bronze.
2. If they're taking, or have taken meds for Alzheimer's or an organ transplant they don't qualify.

It doesn't make sense to have the question as a KO in 10)b and then in 13. it asks the same question to determine ROP. They need to redo the app.

There're actually 2 questions within the question.

1. Have you ever received medical advice, treatment, been advised, to have treatment or surgery? It's really not worded properly....but if they've been advised to have treatment or surgery and haven't had it yet, they won't be eligible until they have. Then, depending on the surgery, etc. they'll probably be ROP for 2 years. Every company asks this question unless they're GI(or Settlers Bronze.
2. If they're taking, or have taken meds for Alzheimer's or an organ transplant they don't qualify.

It doesn't make sense to have the question as a KO in 10)b and then in 13. it asks the same question to determine ROP. They need to redo the app.

yes, the applicant would never understand that's a 2 part question because of the way its worded. hell, I didn't understand. i do now. could solve by a 10a, 10 b, 10c.

I like SNL just don't like the way that is worded. Oh well, she's GI on Monday.

yes, spoke to the underwriter who declined based on a pending surgery, nothing to do with organ transplant or alz. i wrote it graded based on Q13 which to my interpretation was correct. To me, like you, question 10b is specifically for alz and organ trans but Tommy just emailed me and said 10b means any pending surgery at all is a decline. thanks. the pending surgery is bladder mesh,

Ok. I've had a long week, but based off of the question...anyone who has ever had surgery would be declined. Right?

Ok. I've had a long week, but based off of the question...anyone who has ever had surgery would be declined. Right?
Ever received medical advice would be a decline?? Sounds like a catch all to deny any claim that's contestable. I'm positive that is not their intention with the question, but if they told you that then it needs to be addressed. I know I've never interpreted it that way.

damm never really thought about it but its worded terrible. Read it closely

Have you ever received medical advice, treatment, been advised, to have treatment or surgery,

Its saying if you've ever received medical advice or ever had surgery you're declined. Yes they could decline every claim based on this. By the way whos ever had a contestable claim with snl?

Back