Senior Life????????????????

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
I replaced an SL policy today that was recently sold by phone.

20 pay on a 46 year old female smoker.

There was not a smoking question on the application. Do they not ask tobacco on that product?

Still blew it away writing her as a smoker. $5K more coverage in a 20 pay for $1/mo less.

Still in the free look period so she gets a full refund. They did tell her she could get a nice discount on a casket.:laugh:

There was not a smoking question on the application. Do they not ask tobacco on that product?

Still blew it away writing her as a smoker. $5K more coverage in a 20 pay for $1/mo less.

Still in the free look period so she gets a full refund. They did tell her she could get a nice discount on a casket.:laugh:

I guess they figured there agents just always answer it no so they should just take it off the app

SL's UW Guide is on Fexqoutes and it has their 10 apps in there. SL goes back 5 years on the tobacco/nicotine product question for Super Preferred, 1 year on Preferred and 10 Pay. Of he 10 apps they show(including the 20 pay), only the Super Preferred, Preferred and 10 Pay ask about tobacco/nicotine.

It also said in their UW Guide to beware of JD.

SL's UW Guide is on Fexqoutes and it has their 10 apps in there. SL goes back 5 years on the tobacco/nicotine product question for Super Preferred, 1 year on Preferred and 10 Pay. Of he 10 apps they show(including the 20 pay), only the Super Preferred, Preferred and 10 Pay ask about tobacco/nicotine.

It also said in their UW Guide to beware of JD.

Ha!!:laugh:

This one was written as "standard". I don't have the quoter so I can't look at the apps there.

Ha!!:laugh:

This one was written as "standard". I don't have the quoter so I can't look at the apps there.

standard product rates tobacco/non tobacco same.

however, becasuse it's so expensive, usually a few carriers using tobacco rates are cheaper.

Not to mention SL now reduces their agents compensation by like 20-30% if they don't enroll client in the Legacy Assurance plan. That's an additional $3 a month

Back