Senior citizen beat down

I’m older than dirt.
I’ll be on the turning 65 lists pretty soon. I’ll record every one of the agents that cold calls me and tries to sell me their “free” Medicare benefits.
You can post that up on your YouTube channel.
I'm getting those calls. It almost always goes through three levels, the first being an automated voice-response system. If you give it the answers it wants, you get transferred to someone in a foreign nation, who asks qualifying questions, such as do you have Medicare part A and B, and finally, if you give that guy the right answers, he will transfer you to a "real" insurance agent, who speaks somewhat better English, yet still seems like a foreigner. If you ask for their name, it's always some generic "Joe with Medicare Benefits" answer. If you ask a second time for the agent's actual name so you can verify the license, you will be instantly hung up on. They will NEVER tell you their true identities. As most of you know, 100% of those robo calls for Medicare Advantage plans are illegal. What I don't understand is why the feds and/or the state regulators don't start arresting people. If I'm getting the calls (I'm not even on Medicare), the people who work for CMS and in the states' departments of insurance have to be getting the calls. Is it illegal to cold call someone or not? If the law isn't enforced, then it must not be illegal.

I'm getting those calls. It almost always goes through three levels, the first being an automated voice-response system. If you give it the answers it wants, you get transferred to someone in a foreign nation, who asks qualifying questions, such as do you have Medicare part A and B, and finally, if you give that guy the right answers, he will transfer you to a "real" insurance agent, who speaks somewhat better English, yet still seems like a foreigner. If you ask for their name, it's always some generic "Joe with Medicare Benefits" answer. If you ask a second time for the agent's actual name so you can verify the license, you will be instantly hung up on. They will NEVER tell you their true identities. As most of you know, 100% of those robo calls for Medicare Advantage plans are illegal. What I don't understand is why the feds and/or the state regulators don't start arresting people. If I'm getting the calls (I'm not even on Medicare), the people who work for CMS and in the states' departments of insurance have to be getting the calls. Is it illegal to cold call someone or not? If the law isn't enforced, then it must not be illegal.

If most calls are coming from overseas call centers, who is the gov't supposed to arrest? There's no way to stop these call centers.

They could shut them down very easily if they wanted to. They don’t want to.
All they have to do is set some people up that keep getting the calls with s fake Medicare identity. Have them enroll in the plan. That would tell them who the agents are buying the leads. Very publically rip those agents a new one financially and legally and promise to keep going until they reach every agent funding that trash. Poof! It would dry up fast.

But they don’t care. So they don’t.

The insurance companies are pimps and the call centers are their whores.

And they love their whores.

If you, as an agent, got their call centers shut down they would come after you with a vengeance.

The companies could shut the call centers down today. They are not going to do that.

First, unless you plan to sell over the phone don’t give quotes over the phone.

And stay away from the YouTube liars.
Peter Roberts on YT seems like he knows his stuff. At least for telesales, which is a different animal. He's still a little new to the biz though. And I don't know how sustainable those free lead program business models are. I guess it can work for those who are willing to accept less comp, to be able to just wake up, login to your CRM and start dialing. But what about in 2025 when the new FTC ruling on lead sharing kicks in? This might be the last year that business model will work!

Peter Roberts on YT seems like he knows his stuff. At least for telesales, which is a different animal. He's still a little new to the biz though. And I don't know how sustainable those free lead program business models are. I guess it can work for those who are willing to accept less comp, to be able to just wake up, login to your CRM and start dialing. But what about in 2025 when the new FTC ruling on lead sharing kicks in? This might be the last year that business model will work!
He doesn’t sell shit.

He does sell bullshit. So I guess he does sell shit?

Once you say yes to the qualifying call, that it is ok to transfer you to an agent, you have become an inbound call so it is not illegal for the real agent to talk to you.

--------------------------------------
Edit 02/25/2024
This may be an incorrect comment.
See further discussion comments below.
----------------------------------------

Last edited:
Once you say yes to the qualifying call, that it is ok to transfer you to an agent, you have become an inbound call so it is not illegal for the real agent to talk to you.
That is absolutely not correct. If the original call was illegal then all the transfers are also illegal. And right before you get transferred they try to do a disclaimer about the DNC list, that is also illegal. You can’t cold call people on the DNC List and then have them opt out of the DNC list during the call.
I can’t believe you posted that LostDollar. I know you’re not an agent but you usually show good common sense about general knowledge.

Back