I finally understand the attraction of senior life

How many would you say you have replsced this year? When you consider all the companies you have replaced where would you say SL ranks on the list?
I think that Senior Life and Lincoln focus heavily on inner city business and most Face to Face agents prefer working the surrounding counties outside of cities is more the reason that there is not more crossover. It’s not as much that TV ad responders don’t also respond to direct mail or telemarketers. I’m sure there is a few that don’t though.

How many would you say you have replsced this year? When you consider all the companies you have replaced where would you say SL ranks on the list?

I probably run into AmAm the most, Lincoln Heritage would be a close second, and Senior Life would be a distant third.

I run into them maybe once a month. Replace them every time. Wish I ran into them more often!

I probably run into AmAm the most, Lincoln Heritage would be a close second, and Senior Life would be a distant third.

I run into them maybe once a month. Replace them every time. Wish I ran into them more often!
But, the fact is you don't. So, at best you replace about 12 SL plans per year. JD doesn't track it but it sounds as if he does the same. This from two top producers. Thst means the average agent probably only does 2or 3 per year if that many.

Yes, they are high priced. Yes, they are easily replaced. But, as I have said in the past, "You have to find them to replace them." Does not sound as that many are being found. At least not enough to be a serious problem for the average SL producer.

But, the fact is you don't. So, at best you replace about 12 SL plans per year. JD doesn't track it but it sounds as if he does the same. This from two top producers. Thst means the average agent probably only does 2or 3 per year if that many.

Yes, they are high priced. Yes, they are easily replaced. But, as I have said in the past, "You have to find them to replace them." Does not sound as that many are being found. At least not enough to be a serious problem for the average SL producer.

That’s about all the policies written by the average SL producer.

I have a buddy in Georgia. He said he encounters SL more than any other company, which he attributes to them being based out of Georgia. Regardless, he says he replaces every one of them.

In other words, if you're writing SL, your chances of getting replaced are much higher. I'm sure it noticeably affects persistency for the agents writing them.

I have a buddy in Georgia. He said he encounters SL more than any other company, which he attributes to them being based out of Georgia. Regardless, he says he replaces every one of them.

In other words, if you're writing SL, your chances of getting replaced are much higher. I'm sure it noticeably affects persistency for the agents writing them.
I have no doubt that when agents come across SL polices a great many ( larger percentage than other companies ) are replaced.

Fact is, if you are selling policies based only on rates, all of them can be replaced. It is very difficult to replace the most expensive policies out here, when the agent has built a solid relationship with the client. Most policies that get replaced are being sold by product pushers, not by someone who is seen as a trusted and valued advisor. Don't underestimate the value or perception of a relationship.

Fact is, if you are selling policies based only on rates, all of them can be replaced. It is very difficult to replace the most expensive policies out here, when the agent has built a solid relationship with the client. Most policies that get replaced are being sold by product pushers, not by someone who is seen as a trusted and valued advisor. Don't underestimate the value or perception of a relationship.

We're talking FE. You clearly aren't, based on this comment.

Back