Why Do Many Producers Fail?

I finally committed to a weekly DM lead order a few months ago. Was surviving on TM and internet leads for years. I only get 15 a week, but I can almost guarantee you that if you will knock on all of those doors you will make at least 3 sales. It takes me 2 to 3 days and I average about $2500AP weekly. You won't fail if you will contact the leads.

There is always a catch to everything! :yes:

It also has A LOT to do with saturation. In my area, the FE market is saturated and MANY agents who want to produce, have to travel 3-4 hrs north to find better markets. Some of them stay on the road for 2-3 weeks a month, then come home.

HOW MANY of you could do that?

I don't buy into that all. How many applications do they drive by on their way to what they perceive is the promised land?

Other agents in the area just means more business. It can't get more saturated than my areas. Yet I've never once spent a night away from home to run appointments.

But there's been many washed out here that used the "saturation" argument for why they couldn't make it.

The funny thing is that many agents are driving to the area that the other agents are driving from. It's comical to see.:laugh:

Guess it comes down to density of our demographic. If I live next to a city of 1.5 million and 3 others of 40-80k why leave this area?

Guess it comes down to density of our demographic. If I live next to a city of 1.5 million and 3 others of 40-80k why leave this area?

Maybe? But the largest Ky city within a 100 miles of me is 50K population.

Evansville, In is 50 miles and it's about 100K. That's metropolitan here.

We have agents from as far as St Louis to the west and Lexington, Ky to the east driving and Indy to the north driving in here to run appointments.

Then there's agents here driving to St Louis, Indy and Lexington to work. :laugh:

It also has A LOT to do with saturation. In my area, the FE market is saturated and MANY agents who want to produce, have to travel 3-4 hrs north to find better markets. Some of them stay on the road for 2-3 weeks a month, then come home.

HOW MANY of you could do that?

Your area couldn't be any more saturated than here in the FL panhandle. For weeks I have been following around at least 2 other agents from GA. Also see a lot of LH and SL. Most of the people I contact have already been seen because they send in more than 1 card. Some have already bought and if they will let me give them a quote I usually replace what they have. Rarely am I the first agent to visit and I still sell enough to stay afloat.

I find that most agents in my area do not take the time to shop for the best deal or they were they would sell the lead something besides ROP. Many of the people I see bring out a small Sterlite box or a gallon Ziploc bag full of drugs and it takes time to go through them all and find a company who will issue them level. These other agents must not have the time so they write them ROP and on top of that don't explain the 2 year wait.

Was told something this week by an underwriter at SNL that I did not know. Lead had a heart attack in 2013 and a stent implanted. Took multiple medications including a blood thinner, diabetic pills, and pills for HBP which are all acceptable for most carriers. Then he pulls out the Nitro, but states he only gets it filled once a year and has never used it. Precautionary only. Called SNL and was told that if he only filled it annually it would be OK because that told them that was as needed only. Submitted the app Friday and am waiting anxiously to see what they offer.

I finally committed to a weekly DM lead order a few months ago. Was surviving on TM and internet leads for years. I only get 15 a week, but I can almost guarantee you that if you will knock on all of those doors you will make at least 3 sales. It takes me 2 to 3 days and I average about $2500AP weekly. You won't fail if you will contact the leads.

How much do your 15 DM leads cost?

$2,500 AP - What product(s)? & 10k/month nice!

Why don't you get enough leads for 5 days a week?

How much do your 15 DM leads cost?

$2,500 AP - What product(s)? & 10k/month nice!

Why don't you get enough leads for 5 days a week?

$30 each

FE only. Occasionally a term or UL.

I am 60 years old and have been doing this 40 years on October 3rd. Don't want to work 12 hour days for 5 days.

I don't buy into that all. How many applications do they drive by on their way to what they perceive is the promised land?

Other agents in the area just means more business. It can't get more saturated than my areas. Yet I've never once spent a night away from home to run appointments.

But there's been many washed out here that used the "saturation" argument for why they couldn't make it.

The funny thing is that many agents are driving to the area that the other agents are driving from. It's comical to see.:laugh:

Reckon it has gone on since the beginning of time.. Knew guys from Cumberland County that drove to McMinn County every week to work and others from McMinn County that drove to Cumberland County every week. Always wondered if they waved at each other as they met on the highway. I commented last night that people on the highway had a herd mentality. You see great stretches there will be no cars and then there will be 10-20 traveling in a pack. Guess they are also like cattle in that the grass is always greener..etc.. :yes:

most FE agents are not educated so

1. can't manage money
2. are used to being told what to do (so when they can set their schedule every little thing is like OH i'll work tomorrow instead)
3. do not hold themselves accountable

How many agents have you all seen sell 15,000-20000 one month and be broke the next? Well I guess I don't know THAT many but anyone in this industry knows what I'm talking about. Most insurance dudes shoot themselves in the foot by overspending and not realizing they are advanced.

A stressed out insurance agent might be one of the shadiest type of people so reduce your stress on the job and forget everything you have going on outside of work.

If you are finding reasons not to work rather than finding reasons to work you will eventually fail.

Back