Why Do Many Producers Fail?

MaxReaver

Expert
Texas
So, I have asked this of a few folks as I evaluate my preparedness for production in the FE ranks. I would like to field this question to a larger audience...

What are the main reason(s) people fail out of this business? I have received some feedback already that is fixated on work ethic, but I wonder if that is the case a lot of times.

Could it be more so that many people lack the mental toughness to take the rejection and keep on trucking? I find this to be a different issue than work ethic.

Thanks for the continued input from the forums.

So, I have asked this of a few folks as I evaluate my preparedness for production in the FE ranks. I would like to field this question to a larger audience...

What are the main reason(s) people fail out of this business? I have received some feedback already that is fixated on work ethic, but I wonder if that is the case a lot of times.

Could it be more so that many people lack the mental toughness to take the rejection and keep on trucking? I find this to be a different issue than work ethic.

This is a great question!!!

When I first started it was at One Life America aka Parker and Associates and although I lucked out and ended up being their top producer several years ago; I still didn't know what I didn't know if that makes sense.

In other words, information is power, and this forum has been a huge blessing in that regard.

Guys fail out many times because they don't even know that there are much better alternatives than "free leads". I speak to many agents that have no idea they can earn waaaaaaay more than a 45% commission level.

And for the unlucky ones that don't discover the light it's usually just a matter of time before they bite the dust unfortunately.

All that to say that you being here asking that question generally says that you are on the right track!

You will hear work ethic a lot and I agree that's some of it, but I've seen many working fools fail out.

The common thing I see from those that fail out even while putting in the effort is that they are uncoachable. They have this figured out and just need to get in front of people and they can work their magic.

Then there's the discipline of working for yourself. Most people just do not have that discipline to work and work efficiently with no one to tell them to work and no clock to punch.

A person that has the work ethic, has the discipline and is coachable will make it in this business even with the worst IMO's.

Organization. I think that is part of it.

While I currently work in an office doing captive telesales I plan on getting out of that eventually. I've been learning harsh lessons for the future lately and am working on a cheat sheet and other tools to help me.

I also think that I may have bit off more than I can chew company wise. Currently I am appointed with 12 companies and am starting to think that I may need no more than 3 to 5 cover all that I do write.

Hard lessons but good ones. I will learn and move on.

You will hear work ethic a lot and I agree that's some of it, but I've seen many working fools fail out.

The common thing I see from those that fail out even while putting in the effort is that they are uncoachable. They have this figured out and just need to get in front of people and they can work their magic.

Then there's the discipline of working for yourself. Most people just do not have that discipline to work and work efficiently with no one to tell them to work and no clock to punch.

A person that has the work ethic, has the discipline and is coachable will make it in this business even with the worst IMO's.

Yes, a lack of both personal discipline and willingness to conform to the tried-and-tested system is the biggest reason why agents fail.

There are tangentals to the the above, but generally, 95% of people fail out for reasons mentioned above.

I finally committed to a weekly DM lead order a few months ago. Was surviving on TM and internet leads for years. I only get 15 a week, but I can almost guarantee you that if you will knock on all of those doors you will make at least 3 sales. It takes me 2 to 3 days and I average about $2500AP weekly. You won't fail if you will contact the leads.

I failed....twice. Lack of patience with these folks was what got me. They will lie to you, stand you up, not pay, not have money, etc., etc.
I have sold many things in my life successfully, but I could not do this.

So there you go.:nah:

It also has A LOT to do with saturation. In my area, the FE market is saturated and MANY agents who want to produce, have to travel 3-4 hrs north to find better markets. Some of them stay on the road for 2-3 weeks a month, then come home.

HOW MANY of you could do that?

Back