Work on Monday?

I was in 19121 for some of that, 'lower north philly'. There is a senior building off Market Street I bet nobody has ever tapped into because it'd be stupid to mail that zip.

Ground zero, which they define as the place with the longest period of totality, is about 35 miles from me.

I worked there Tuesday. It's a madhouse. NASA has the whole Lake Barkley Lodge booked. Dept of Homeland Security has set up shop in Hopkinsville, Ky.

Schools around here are closed Monday and Tuesday.

Then there's the Kelly, Ky "incident". Kelly is just outside Hopkinsville. On this same day, Aug 21, in 1955 the town of Kelly was supposedly invaded by aliens. The locals had a gunfight with them but didn't kill or capture one.;)

It's pretty well documented if you want to look it up. They have the Kelly Green Man festival at this time every year.

It is quite a coincidence that the epicenter of this eclipse is that place and on the same date.

I know what you mean about it being a madhouse My home is in the path of totality.. They are expecting so much traffic that they think the highways will be shut down. Some people are charging as much as $300 for a parking place in their yard. People are coming from all over the country...My opinion is it is much ado about nothing. :yes:

I wish I had bought 100,000 of those UV glasses a year ago. I'd be a millionaire!

Naw.. Just about everybody around here is giving them away...Even the places selling them are asking a buck each..

They're selling for $10 a pop on Amazon. Really they're selling for $50 for packs of 5.

Somebody is buying them.

People are coming from all over the country...My opinion is it is much ado about nothing.

I'm sure it'd be cool to be in the path of totality.

But to take off work and travel miles to see it?

From NASA: "The August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse will last a maximum of 2 minutes 43 seconds.** About 70% of eclipses last longer than this."

Much ado about something - but only 2 min 43 sec of something. I'll watch on TV.

Why would schools be closed on Tuesday, too? That one escapes me altogether.

Back