Need opinion on telesales imo

And when they do hear those objections the lead is free?

Of course, if they're on my team. I've never heard that rebuttal ever with a live TV transfer.

Do you really think that a prospect would take the time to call a FE TV commercial just to tell the agent "we already took care of that", etc.?

I bet RGI wouldn't do that for you now would they? LOL

Right now I've currently been working as a telemarketer for a year for an agency selling home and life. I'm ready to quit and go Indy but didn't want to make a brash decision to just quit my job. I do have the recommended amount saved up for lead expenses and personal, but that can quickly run out if I fail, so failure is not an option.

My question is I found a particular telesales company that seems economically affordable. But I'm wondering either their program would I be working harder and not smarter.

They charge $2 dollars for aged leads, $5 dollars for current leads, and $22 or more for incoming calls or tv leads. It was recommended that I start out with the aged leads for $2 or $5 dollars to get the practice in and purchase 125 of those, dial atleast 25 a day, 5 times a day. With this program, with this program, wouldn't take longer to make sell?

I really liked the most popular telesales company which I'm pretty sure we all know who that is. But I think the minimum purchase would have to be $1500 on up for a week or two worth of leads depending on which type of lead program you want. Of course they have proven results. I'm just wondering if I should take it economically slow and go with the first option. Or go and and just spend the money and go with the popular option for a faster return which is what I want.

Or will it ake me a while to make money with the first option even though their prices are cheaper. I just want to get to it and make money fast if I'm going to quit my job.

Go with Jeff Root

That's what I'm thinking, maybe that's why they said I will have to dial their leads 5 times a day. So with that said I guess that was my main question, is it worth it to work with cheap leads, I would like to work smarter and not harder
Reframe that as "smarter not harder based on my skill set".

The advice that 'live transfers/tv leads give you the best ROI' is not bad advice, since I think that would definitely be true OVERALL.

I know that advice is true for me. I suck at outbound type stuff because when I have tried it, I tracked it. And while I didnt lose money, it was not as profitable. So for ME, "smarter not harder' meant sticking to inbounds.

You said you were a former marketer, so if you we good at that position, you might be able to leverage that skillset. I know people are more profitable on outbounds, its rare but it happens. It might be worth it to give them a try and track the results.

Here is a scenario
Step 1-Marketers/Prequalifiers make outbound calls to get a live transfer
Step 2-The agent (you) gets to skip all the outbound stuff, and just focus on selling, and lets say $35 a lead (thats what mine are). You close at 15%. 35/.15=$233
Pros-You can focus on selling
Cons-You cannot influence/impact step 1. Some marketers are better than others, some are clunky on the phone. If the power goes out at a marketing call center in Indiana, they are still temporarily screwed even though the power is fine at the agents house. .

So you spend $233 for each inbound sale. Then you want to do a trial run of outbound to compare.
$233 is 46 $5 leads. so closing 1/46 outbound is the same cost per sale, since it still cost you $233 to get that sale.

Closing percentage is a helpful tool when a bunch of agents are all on the same type of leads. That way managers can look at the stats and help determine what works or who needs more help. But if you view yourself as a business, cost per sale is a far more useful stat.

If you are at $233/sale on inbounds, your breakeven point for the $5 outbounds would be 2.1%. So if you closed 3%, then your outbound ROI would be significantly better.

Again that is not the NORM, but if you were skilled as a marketer, don't immediately rule outbounds out.

Of course, if they're on my team. I've never heard that rebuttal ever with a live TV transfer.

Do you really think that a prospect would take the time to call a FE TV commercial just to tell the agent "we already took care of that", etc.?

I bet RGI wouldn't do that for you now would they? LOL
Absolutely people will do that.

I don’t use RGI but no, they wouldn’t do that.

They also would not make a ridiculous claim about their leads.

Absolutely people will do that.

I don’t use RGI but no, they wouldn’t do that.

They also would not make a ridiculous claim about their leads.
JD I didn't know that you had experience with live TV transfers...lol. You just don't know what you don't know: People NEVER call a TV commercial just to tell the agent "we already took care of that". (Maybe in KY?)

Maybe if the transfer is generated by some overseas call center then yes you might be correct on that. But not TV commercials. I've never worked overseas type of transfers.

YES! If it boils down to 'could someone be that stupid' the answer is yes. EVERY type of lead deals with these types of issues, to varying degrees. You can frame the commercial or change the verbiage in a way that can attract certain buyers, or higher AP, but you simply cannot magically screen out all the serial caller/mailer-types. I have used TV leads before, and while you certainly run into those types of objections LESS, it is not NEVER.

Lets apply the same logic to 'serial mailers'.
"Do you really think that a prospect would take the time to fill out and mail a card just to tell the agent "we already took care of that", etc.?"-YES!

That's why most inbound calls and tv leads have a 90-120 second buffer built into it, to account for these exact scenarios.

I am sure SL TV leads are great, I am sure they close well, and that sounds like a good price for them. Why not focus the pitch on those things? I can get fully on board and pumped up for $55 tv leads if they have a great closing percentage. If its $55 a lead and 5% of the people bail in the first few minutes with an objection, THATS STILL A DECENT PRICE!

Let me put it this way- I don't believe you have magic commercials that air in a 2 hour time slot, but magically don't show up on the TVs of serial callers/mailers who are watching that channel at that same time 2 hour slot. Nor do I believe that the objections agents have heard on TV leads countless times, do not apply to your magical callers.

Last edited:
JD I didn't know that you had experience with live TV transfers...lol. You just don't know what you don't know: People NEVER call a TV commercial just to tell the agent "we already took care of that". (Maybe in KY?)

Maybe if the transfer is generated by some overseas call center then yes you might be correct on that. But not TV commercials. I've never worked overseas type of transfers.
They absolutely do. And only a pimp would say differently.

Or someone truly dumb enough to not know.

People NEVER call a TV commercial just to tell the agent "we already took care of that". (Maybe in KY?)
The first words out of their mouth will not be "we already took care of that *click*"

But there WILL be times where they will use that or a similar objection to exit the call in the first minute or two. Its rarer on TV leads then inbound, and rarer on inbound than outbound. Your TV commercials are not magically different than every other TV leads that runs into this problem occasionally.

Last edited:
Back