Florida Blue Agents, Get in Here!

But just because some of us may be licensed with another company, left over from uw days when blue declined someone or if a new agent has renewal's, I haven't seen anyone terminated for that. We have several agents in this boat, I wonder how they are going to monitor besides seeding and telling the agent I don't like blue, do you sell for any other company? I get those weekly, don't know if it's them or not.

----------

Yes, lifeworth any luck?

Update: Florida Blue is allowing me one (1) more chance at taking the exam and passing it. I must pass it this time.

Is there a cheat sheet anywhere? LOL

just kidding.... Or not... ?

By any chance to you click yes you wanted the CE credits? If so you have to pay for them this year and if you don't it will not let you go any further. If not then it is a screw up because you don't have to pay for the actual certification.

BTW blue may have changed another policy, we were told today if you give up your appointment or loose it through other means they will never appoint you again. I tried to clarification if you just quit one agency and waited 6 months and go to another if this little tidbit applied, but could not get an answer.

"lose it through other means"?? Oh like when they terminated my contract and didn't pay me my 20k in commissions?? NOW I UNDERSTAND LOL.
So glad I'm outa there. That company is a cluster ****:laugh:

Medicare Agent---Are you the recently departed InsGal (reincarnated)? If so, welcome back. I was missing your constant yammering about FL Blue.

Medicare Agent---Are you the recently departed InsGal (reincarnated)? If so, welcome back. I was missing your constant yammering about FL Blue.

Yea, I was missing it also. :D:D:D:D:D

Other means: Finding out you were also placing business with another company in Florida while holding a blue appointment is normally the other means. Usually they only find out if someone turns you in or they have someone call you on the phone and tell you they don't like fb and do you write for any other company, this is done quite often during Medicare season. Compliance issue's, complaints from clients.

Other than that your CGA or MGA can terminate you and tell you it was FB. FB had no production quota's for the ACA plans as someone as stated, but your MGA may have, don't know.

Now do I agree with any of this, NO, but I live with it because I signed a contract stating I'd live up to it and I have absolutely no one to blame but myself.

Oh I have seen my MGA terminate someone's appointment because they bragged about writing an annuity through another company that our company does not represent. They terminated all his appointment's that were through our agency.

We're in the Panhandle. Look at a map of what plans are where. FL Blue was the only game in town last year and only 2 others have joined in the fun this year. Networks are strong here and everyone knows the name. I don't think TIME is going to eat Blue's lunch, eh?

Goldlen Rule (UHC) as small compass network, not a whole heck of a lot of docs in the panhandle, Aetna I hear is pulling their PPO on exchange and HMO's are not big in the panhandle, yet and may never be. Time (Assurant) has never been or will be a player in the panhandle. Blue has the largest network from Leon to Escambia county. I may feel different if I was located anywhere from Jacksonville on down to Miami where there is more competition and larger networks for the other player's.

It's a different world up here, in fact sometime's I get the feeling we're not even a part of Florida.

Have to add though, Medicare Advantage is going to be a different story, blue has been dominate with provider networks until this coming year. I understand Healthspring and Humana just got all the hospitals in Escambia and Santa Rosa county's and normally with that the group of docs that go a long with the hospital will join the network, along with our regional ppo and now a premium and Humana's regional does not is going to make it hard year for new business.

Last edited:
Good Post BD.....it's another world up here in the Panhandle. It's more like Southern Alabama than the other parts of Florida....and I like it that way.

Back