Advice Please: State Farm Agency Ads

tnks2hp

Expert
Lately I'm seeing a few ads that seem to be placed by the State Farm Agency owners that offers base and commission. The positions are sometimes called Insurance and Financial services agent position or some thing like Assistant Office Manager - State Farm Agent Team Member (Base Salary + Commission)work.

I don't quite understand what type of position these are.

Has anyone had experience in this type of position? Is it a good position?

Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:
I would say that that is a position where they pay you a very small salary, and dump huge quotas for production on you that make a lot of other people money. Unless you are new to the industry and need the experience.....if you are not the agent then there is not a lot of money involved in it for you...but you do get all of the stress.

you would be an employee of the agent. Each agent has their own compensation plan/training program etc... Check around and see what's a good fit for you. If your goal is to get the highest starting base then most likely you would end up working for an established agency. If your goal is to learn the business with the hope of one day soon running your own shop you might consider an opportunity in a newer agent's office that pays less base but more commissions and will get you the experience you need.

Back