Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Carriers????? Really????? OMG! Say that you don't know how to use a computer or that you're an invalid or you suffer from lockjaw maybe or something. NOT carriers! LifeTel has every carrier!!! I suspect I know why they might have told him to pound sand :D

By the way, you missed it, Mike! He didn't "conclude" with anybody. In his own words, he "concluded" all on his own :twitchy:

UPDATE

Elly contacted me earlier today and we communicated back and forth through email throughout the day. He cleared everything up for me. It was a misunderstanding on my part, and Elly has gone above and beyond with me. I have no problem admitting I was wrong about him. He's a stand up guy and very professional.

Look training is a great thing and whichever company has a program that works for you I think is great. The one that teaches you the business and how to survive is the best one. As you learn and evolve, your business will as well.

However, here's my problem...it's the product you're selling. This simplified issue ****. You are going with the path of least resistance not for the client but for your pockets. Nice commission and easy process. I'd be willing to bet no one is telling you about the other great accelerated underwriting programs that are out there with very easy process but the commissions will be lower because the client might actually get a good price on their coverage.

Let's play a game...40 y/o male 250k 20 year term. I'm using that amount not because it's the right amount of coverage but because it's easy to quote and it fits the companies you've mentioned.

Now let's say he's in great health SBLI - 21.67 per month or maybe he's in average health - 35.34 per month.
Let's see, Sagicor - 41.66 ~18% higher; Assurity - 58.19 ~65% higher; Phoenix - 62.96 ~78% higher; then there's Phoenix express issue - 84.32 ~139% higher. Which Phoenix are you raving about??

SBLI isn't the cheapest company either, I just picked them because of their program. If you have questions, you pick the scenario and we'll walk through pricing. I'll even try to accommodate certain carriers. You let me know. We could quote 500k and I bet it gets worse or 600k...oh wait, not offered by Phoenix right?

How is it better for the client to pay 80 or 140% higher premiums? Or is better for your pocket? Just own it.

Last edited:
Are you still working Lifetel. If so how is it going?

Been with LifeTel and the guys a little more than a year now. Started as strictly a producer, became one of their managers in January and all's going smooth as butter. What do you want to know? :biggrin:

----------

By the way! Very classy post, Helio. Truly. There's so little left anymore that it's refreshing to see. Anyway, I just thought that post was a really top notch, gentlemanly thing to do. You gimmie hope! Wishing you much success :)

Been with LifeTel and the guys a little more than a year now. Started as strictly a producer, became one of their managers in January and all's going smooth as butter. What do you want to know? :biggrin:

----------

By the way! Very classy post, Helio. Truly. There's so little left anymore that it's refreshing to see. Anyway, I just thought that post was a really top notch, gentlemanly thing to do. You gimmie hope! Wishing you much success :)
I can assume you payed the up front $600 fee the training and free leads worked out well and you have had no trouble resolving problems or getting questions answered

I can assume you payed the up front $600 fee the training and free leads worked out well and you have had no trouble resolving problems or getting questions answered

Yep. As I'm sure you've read throughout here in the thread, the free leads are fine, they're helpful and certainly there are sales there to be made each week and I continue to work them and get sales from them. Having said that, and as I've posted, I obviously supplement my weekly free leads with some of the better B leads and I do a weekly mailer with them for A leads. That's needed, in my opinion, to hit the production and income goals most serious producers are targeting. While I'm clearly all set these days and mostly on auto pilot, I never have, and have never had, any issues at all getting help any time I need it and resolving problems. Excellent system, if you just follow it and do the work :)

Look training is a great thing and whichever company has a program that works for you I think is great. The one that teaches you the business and how to survive is the best one. As you learn and evolve, your business will as well.

However, here's my problem...it's the product you're selling. This simplified issue ****. You are going with the path of least resistance not for the client but for your pockets. Nice commission and easy process. I'd be willing to bet no one is telling you about the other great accelerated underwriting programs that are out there with very easy process but the commissions will be lower because the client might actually get a good price on their coverage.

Let's play a game...40 y/o male 250k 20 year term. I'm using that amount not because it's the right amount of coverage but because it's easy to quote and it fits the companies you've mentioned.

Now let's say he's in great health SBLI - 21.67 per month or maybe he's in average health - 35.34 per month.
Let's see, Sagicor - 41.66 ~18% higher; Assurity - 58.19 ~65% higher; Phoenix - 62.96 ~78% higher; then there's Phoenix express issue - 84.32 ~139% higher. Which Phoenix are you raving about??

SBLI isn't the cheapest company either, I just picked them because of their program. If you have questions, you pick the scenario and we'll walk through pricing. I'll even try to accommodate certain carriers. You let me know. We could quote 500k and I bet it gets worse or 600k...oh wait, not offered by Phoenix right?

How is it better for the client to pay 80 or 140% higher premiums? Or is better for your pocket? Just own it.

I never understood the difference between accelerated underwriting vs simplified issue.. what is the difference?

also.. not speaking for those guys ..if they're not leading with they have the cheapest price.then there's nothing wrong with that... it's all about what you position yourself as.. if they position themselves as the easiest issue life insurance agent ... that's what they will focus on...

Hello again all :) Whenever I see or hear someone harping on non med products and rates and subtly, and sometimes not so subtly, giving agents that write a lot of non med business a hard time, it just screams out to me the difference between the hypothetical and just running numbers on a quote engine and actually working with real customers day to day. News flash: 90% of the insurance buying population out there is NOT Super Preferred. They have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, they have weight issues, heart history, cancer history, they take this pill and that pill for this condition and that condition and for God only knows what! Also, especially in this day and age, they’re not particularly the most patient either and it’s seemingly harder than ever to get them to cooperate with the simplest of requests and instructions, including getting them to sit for a completely FREE, 20 minute long medical exam that they can do at practically any time of day and anywhere they want. If I only had a nickel for every flippin bus driver of all things who told me they couldn’t find 20 minutes in their incredibly busy, bus driving life’s schedule to meet with the dang examiner until 8 weeks from now, I’d be a very rich man and wouldn’t need to sell ANY more insurance policies!

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t write non med policies to get a little higher comp and I’m sure as heck not trying to get my customer to overpay for their insurance. If you’re just plugging random numbers in to a quote engine and comparing the Superman rate to a non med Standard, of course the difference is going to look significant. Again though, they don’t GET the Superman rate and when you compare what they actually DO qualify and get approved for, sometimes, often times, there’s not much difference at all. Plus, there’s risk any time you do an exam and ALL kinds of things come up that nobody even knew about and it leads to rated and outright declined applications. For real, how many people’s lab results come back with elevated liver enzymes, and protein in their urine, and high cholesterol the customer didn’t even suspect they had, for heaven’s sake. And how easy the insurance company asks for a “new sample” and send the examiner back out there to retest, etc. The customer didn’t want to sit for the first exam, for Pete’s sake. How thrilled they are, when you tell them someone has to come back out there! And how much they love being told it’s only going to be a few more days and the company has everything they need now at this point and everything will be fine as soon as the company gets those records they’re waiting on from Kaiser and the V.A. And ON and ON and ON! Seriously, you think we non med lovers sell it just because the premiums look higher on the engine and we’re trying to squeeze a few more points??? I sell it everywhere I possibly can, because I can quote a rate confidently and know they have a near perfect chance of getting that rate, just as long as they didn’t lie to me and we don’t get kicked in the pants by a conflict in information from the MIB, RX and the MVR. I can write it, get them an answer in a handful of days, more often than not get an approval, and they’re insured fast, they don’t get “underwriting fatigue” and they’re insured, their family protected and they’re on their merry way. You sell your way and I’ll sell mine. I don’t sell with full underwriting, unless I absolutely have to. I’ll “own” that LOL :twitchy:

Back