Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

The company eblast that LifeTel sent around was for Sagicor. Honestly, I don't know that much about them, though. I have the materials, but I haven't written anything for them yet. Thanks Tahoe and Jimmy for the posts. Have either of you written Sagicor? If so, how are they? Are they worth really giving a serious look? Your feedback would be truly appreciated :yes:

The company eblast that LifeTel sent around was for Sagicor. Honestly, I don't know that much about them, though. I have the materials, but I haven't written anything for them yet. Thanks Tahoe and Jimmy for the posts. Have either of you written Sagicor? If so, how are they? Are they worth really giving a serious look? Your feedback would be truly appreciated :yes:

I have not written any with Sagicor, but there are many on here that really like them, and their reputation is good . I would search the forum for threads on them.

They were a lot more popular before they raised their rates and companies like Banner and SBLI came out with non-med that allows for preferred best pricing up to 500k (though they can still APS so by no means as quick as simple issue like Sagicor).

That being said, they still definitely have their place.

I just got referred to a healthy 65yo female looking for 250k in permanent coverage (death benefit need only). She was going to go fully underwritten w/ Pru. Sagicor was less costly than Pru by 10% and offers an instant decision.

No brainer...

Hello, I'm new to LifeTel and would like to know what does anyone suggests as far as a total of number of purchased B Leads to ensure a sell? :idea:

Hello, I'm new to LifeTel and would like to know what does anyone suggests as far as a total of number of purchased B Leads to ensure a sell? :idea:

Hello satxman82 :biggrin: Well, just to ensure a single sale on the purchase B Leads, you should be fine with just 10. 10's the minimum, anyway. That should be good for a sale or 2 and that could be 2-3 apps if you get a double. You should always try for husband and wife, obviously.

I just got referred to a healthy 65yo female looking for 250k in permanent coverage (death benefit need only). She was going to go fully underwritten w/ Pru. Sagicor was less costly than Pru by 10% and offers an instant decision.

No brainer...

Is it UL or WL?

Hello satxman82 :biggrin: Well, just to ensure a single sale on the purchase B Leads, you should be fine with just 10. 10's the minimum, anyway. That should be good for a sale or 2 and that could be 2-3 apps if you get a double. You should always try for husband and wife, obviously.

Hello, I'm in the process of getting started with Lifetel. Many individuals are talking about how much can one make; but the true question is how much are the agents keeping? Mikeyv could you speak about your experience with charge backs?-candidly

Hello, I'm in the process of getting started with Lifetel. Many individuals are talking about how much can one make; but the true question is how much are the agents keeping? Mikeyv could you speak about your experience with charge backs?-candidly

First, I agree whole heartedly with what most reputable agents would say, whether with LifeTel or not, that if you "sell right" in the first place, you won't have to worry about chargebacks eating up too large a portion of what should be your profit and take home. That being said and as we all know, chargebacks are also in some part just "part of the business" and it's impossible to work with no give back at all. In total truth, I can't speak to what other agents would say and I don't know company wide what the average weekly give back is exactly. I can only speak to this. It's always been very refreshing to me that you simply can't miss LifeTel's constant emphasis, without being overly in your face, on quality of business and of course acceptable persistency. Lapses don't help anybody. We give back our advance on a bad deal and our upline also gives back their override. And I also know that they, the company, deals with the carriers and their ongoing reports, numbers and standards and there's pressure, inefficiency and a lack of maximized profitability on everybody if the lapse percentage is too high. I was taught from my very first day to "sell right". I've always felt extra comfortable with the company because this company happens to reinforce that standard and certainly not all companies in this industry always do. I now have downline producers of my own and I constantly try to appropriately reinforce it with them as well, as I want them to maximize their take home and their lapses also affect my personal bottom line because I get an override on what they place and have to give it back if they have lapses. Summation: "Sell Right"! Which, to me, just very simply means listen to your customer, actually spend some extra time really paying attention to what's important to them, make sure it's a good plan that touches all of the appropriate bases and make sure they can ALWAYS comfortably afford it. Keep your customer always informed and involved in the process, make sure they know you truly have their best interest at heart and are looking out for them and what I've found is that they'll keep that policy. AND let them know that your service to them doesn't, and shouldn't, end the minute that policy is delivered. Only my opinion, but your longevity in this business is based on ultimately building and servicing a profitable book for the long term and not just living on your advance and earned first year commissions. I believe that if you approach your selling this way, the give back will be quite minimal. It's always proven so for me :yes:

First, I agree whole heartedly with what most reputable agents would say, whether with LifeTel or not, that if you "sell right" in the first place, you won't have to worry about chargebacks eating up too large a portion of what should be your profit and take home. That being said and as we all know, chargebacks are also in some part just "part of the business" and it's impossible to work with no give back at all. In total truth, I can't speak to what other agents would say and I don't know company wide what the average weekly give back is exactly. I can only speak to this. It's always been very refreshing to me that you simply can't miss LifeTel's constant emphasis, without being overly in your face, on quality of business and of course acceptable persistency. Lapses don't help anybody. We give back our advance on a bad deal and our upline also gives back their override. And I also know that they, the company, deals with the carriers and their ongoing reports, numbers and standards and there's pressure, inefficiency and a lack of maximized profitability on everybody if the lapse percentage is too high. I was taught from my very first day to "sell right". I've always felt extra comfortable with the company because this company happens to reinforce that standard and certainly not all companies in this industry always do. I now have downline producers of my own and I constantly try to appropriately reinforce it with them as well, as I want them to maximize their take home and their lapses also affect my personal bottom line because I get an override on what they place and have to give it back if they have lapses. Summation: "Sell Right"! Which, to me, just very simply means listen to your customer, actually spend some extra time really paying attention to what's important to them, make sure it's a good plan that touches all of the appropriate bases and make sure they can ALWAYS comfortably afford it. Keep your customer always informed and involved in the process, make sure they know you truly have their best interest at heart and are looking out for them and what I've found is that they'll keep that policy. AND let them know that your service to them doesn't, and shouldn't, end the minute that policy is delivered. Only my opinion, but your longevity in this business is based on ultimately building and servicing a profitable book for the long term and not just living on your advance and earned first year commissions. I believe that if you approach your selling this way, the give back will be quite minimal. It's always proven so for me :yes:
Mikeyv thank you for your candid response--I appreciate it kindly. I've been in the insurance industry all of three months LOL...and it appears to be like any sales position. There is a bit of a learning curve and I would like to start making money so that my husband won't continue to think I am crazy for not throwing in the towel! Could you provide me with some best practices--do's and don'ts per se? I have read all of the posts; the good, bad, and the trolls, which I appreciate... Yada yada yada...Also, I live in Nevada-- do you recommend getting non-residence licenses?

Back