Combined Agents

ch1

I am thinking about contracting with Combined. Anyone currently employed with this company?

It is a rough row to hoe. There are easier and better ways to make a living in this industry.

Agreed. They used to have a pretty robust training program though. They've gone through a lot of changes, I'm not sure how good it is now, but the training alone used to be worth it.

Left Combined a few months ago. I simply lost my motivation for their product line.

No term life insurance, only whole life - up to $100k. Not good enough for decent planning. The only thing I could convince myself of selling it is to have a permanent version of a group life insurance plan of around $25,000.

Disability insurance has ridiculously low limits. If you're an employee earning between $20k to $70k, you qualify for a $500/month benefit... and THEN it is reduced by up to 60% if you also receive state benefits. (This may be a California only thing.)

My favorite plans were their accident policy (no underwriting and plenty of ways it can pay out) and their critical illness policy. That's 2 out of 7 products that I liked. The writing was on the wall for me and I needed to go somewhere where I could love and sell the majority of a company's products.

Many agents (outside of California) sell the Accident & Sickness policy very well - as a quasi-health insurance plan. It's not health insurance, but it covers a lot for a decent rate compared to health insurance.

In California, for 1/2 of the products, the prospect must have a comprehensive health insurance plan in place before they can buy them: cancer plan, Accident & Sickness plan & critical illness. Not everyone has health insurance. From what I hear, this is not a hindrance outside of California. (Probably had too many agents doing abusive sales techniques that required such changes.)

The other 1/2 of the products (life, disability & accident only), well, I already outlined the problems above - at least for California.

Training was decent enough if you want to learn cold-calling & cold-canvassing techniques. Plenty of orphan policy holders to call on.

If you really are in Georgia, and want the training of cold-calling and cold-canvassing... I think you should take a good look. It won't make you rich, but you can probably do well.

One of my close friends works with them now. She likes the accident and sickness plan sells it pretty well(Easiest to sell). She has been with them a couple months now and doing well. I think it can be a starting point for some agents, or if you lack motivation and organization.

I got my start with Combined, but left very quickly as soon as I realized I had been misled about some things.

The in-house licensing training was good. The other training I actually found to be somewhat outdated, especially in retrospect. That was 10 years ago, (back when AON owned them) so I don't know whether or not it's been tweaked since then.

DHK, did you forget about PMA? Lost your enthusiasm did you? To be enthusiastic, act enthusiastic! Healthy Happy TERRIFIC! :1mad:

Last edited:
i used to work for them about 5 years back. Good training especially since i was brand new, only stayed for a 8 months, better world on the independent side in my opinion.

Back