Dba / llc help

mandkassoc

Expert
Need to set up either an LLC or a DBA for my insurance business.

Question is - can an LLC have a different owner than agent signing applications? Trying to make my wife the owner of the business for legal and tax purposes (Im employed by another insurance carrier but don't conduct the same type of business but they view my ownership as a conflict of interest). Would she need to be state licensed to be the owner or can I, as a licensed agent, be attached to the companies resident license ?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Matt

----------

My wife is actually going to get licensed but if anyone knows the answer I'm curious ...

Be careful your captive company will probably find out and terminate your agreement. Plenty of people try this and I don't think too many get away with it.

Be careful your captive company will probably find out and terminate your agreement. Plenty of people try this and I don't think too many get away with it.

Yeah I've decided she can do everything on her terms and own it. I'm going to be upfront about it and sign whatever they want me to sign stating I'm not competing or acting on outside activity.

Back