E Relationship

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone used the email service "e relationship"? I recently checked it out and it seems pretty nice but I feel the price point may be a little high at $60 per month with $100 sign up fee.

Any suggestions or shared experience would be appreciated.

Thanks!

E-relationship is a drip-marketing tool that must be compared to other drip-marketing tools in order to determine your real cost effectiveness.

I assume you're with an agency, such as MassMutual who is getting you a price deal; normal pricing is $149 signup and $79.95/month, not including newsletters.

For $60/month, how many paper newsletters could you mail? This would cover the postage for 136 newsletters each month (based on $.44 each).

For the same $60/month, you can email up to 3,500 people.

That said, it's a LONG-TERM marketing campaign. You have to work at it in order to be effective. You'll need to give it a lot of emails as quickly as possible, and then let time do the rest.

e-Relationship®

You need to use the "likeability" ideas and send out pictures of yourself and your clients. It's not as easy as "set it and forget it". Gotta have a good marketing strategy to use it.

The downsides I see are that it's email based, so it's easy to delete. You have to have permission to email them. They can cancel at anytime.

The person I knew who used it the most is featured on the e-relationship website as a testimonial. However, I can also tell you that he didn't (at the time) maximize his use of it. He just "set it and forget it". I don't know how he's doing now, but he is a consistent MDRT producer.

Depending on where you're at in your business... as long as you're looking for a long-term marketing strategy, it'll work out. If you need to make more sales immediately, this isn't a 'quick fix'.

Hope this helps some.

They are Ok, problem is you can only create campaigns by month, i.e. get a new client in October, they will get a November email, not necessarily an email you would give to someone who just started being a client.
You can only have one item designated for each month, but that doesnt help when you have different profile segments for your clients. You might have a small business owner category and a senior category, your not gonna send them the same item.
This system is seriously flawed, if you have one profile segment and dont care about the order to which your new or established clients recieve their emails, then this system is for you.
How hard is it to create something like SOC or constant contact?? You get a new client, add them to a campaign and they recieve emails in the order of a campaign, not this monthly $hit..

Pass on this unless you only pitch annuities imo

I used E-relationship for almost 2 years. I liked it at first and it helped to stay in front of clients at first, but my open rate dropped significantly over time. It seemed like I was just becoming spam that got deleted right away.

I really liked that you can check to see who has opened the E-mail and how many times. This showed me that over time my "open" number was steady, but the number of unique opens was dwindling. For some reason, a handful of clients were opening the same E-mail multiple times. These were all older or lonely clients I suppose. One lady who is going through a divorce opened the same "Thinking of You" E-mail 14 times!

This led me to determine that I just wasn't getting a good bang for my buck. I get a better response from something physical and more personal like a newsletter and a phone call.

Back