Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Erie Commercial Insurance ?     
Old 03-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #1

State: mkmaem is an Insurance Agent from
Erie Commercial Insurance ? Erie Commercial Insurance ?
I understand Erie has a very good reputation in with commercial insurance space . Does anyone have an idea how big of an appetite they have as far as writing General Liability , Workers Comp , Umbrella and Commerical Auto ? Are there products and risk appetite more geared towards small and medium sized commercial firms or do they operate and compete with firms such as Zurich , Chubb , AIG for large commercial insurance projects ? Thanks
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Erie Commercial Insurance ?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
Super Genius
jlanier on Erie Commercial Insurance ?

State: jlanier is an Insurance Agent from
Erie Commercial Insurance ?
Originally Posted by mkmaem View Post
I understand Erie has a very good reputation in with commercial insurance space . Does anyone have an idea how big of an appetite they have as far as writing General Liability , Workers Comp , Umbrella and Commerical Auto ? Are there products and risk appetite more geared towards small and medium sized commercial firms or do they operate and compete with firms such as Zurich , Chubb , AIG for large commercial insurance projects ? Thanks
Erie is definitely a generalist and will pretty much entertain any risks. They aren't scared of large operations as long as the premium is there to support it. I have used them several years now and have had much success. They are my first "go to" on all commercial. The only hold up i have had in the past is with very large construction accounts that do a lot of "structural steel erection" especially if the contractor has exposures in states they don't write in. Pricing is almost always competitive and even unbeatable.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:53 PM   #3

State: Hollandagent is an Insurance Agent from
Erie Commercial Insurance ? Re: Erie Commercial Insurance ?
Erie likes good risks and can be picky at times. Not saying they wont take most GL's or other policies but they dont like roofing companies or crane companies. They don't do or at least my UW said they don't do professional sports teams. They are very competitive with commercial auto to the point I usually have to surcharge it.
Reply to Erie Commercial Insurance ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions