Homeowner's insurance

bdsydnor

I work for an Insurance Agency in Florida. I have a customer that has a home in which he previously filed a claim with a prior insurance carrier for suspected "Sinkhole Damage"...the inspection company indeed declared in their report that their was sinkhole activity on the home. When the homeowner received his money he decided to pay off the mortgage on his home instead of repairing the sinkhole damages. The only option I am aware of in the state of Florida is to try to get him a policy through Citizens Property & Casualty. I spoke with them and they denied any form of coverage for the insured....I wanted to know if anyone knew of any of options for the insured. Even if I am unable to do the insurance for him I would like to point him in the right direction. He is not concerned about having sinkhole coverage...but more concerned with if a tree falls on the home, fire, hurricane, etc. Let me know if anyone knows something I do not!
Thanks!!

Thank you, that's what I thought! Do you believe he will be unable to obtain insurance FOREVER?

Back