Marketing, Prospecting, Leads

NWInsurance

Expert
Hello Everyone,

I am still new here but have so far enjoyed the posts.

Here is my issue:

I am a big thinker, a little ADD, and not to good with my time management.

I am hungry, but I find myself at times over-thinking the solution and not putting in enough action to get results. It is also very easy to get stuck on todays results, and get down on yourself, which keeps you at times from being as effective as you possibly can be in prospecting and filling your funnel for tomorrow.

I like to buy books on sales and marketing, and I like to look online for new ideas. At this point though I feel that I need to "stop thinking" and start acting.

Here is the point of my post.

I like the ideas shared here, and appreciate the fact that there are so many people here to give ideas and support.

I was thinking that it would be great if a group of the people here wanted to get together (via a private forum, or E-mail or something) to have a daily/ or weekly Accountability- Motivation session. It could just be as simple as all of the people in the group stating their goals each week and then letting the group know how they did, and what activity worked etc.

I am thinking that the group would work as a Mastermind group of sorts.

I am in the P&C business, but I would prefer/ want to have people from all over the country, and in all lines to take part as we all have different knowledge etc.

I am not talking about the general "how to" marketing/ prospecting posts we see occasionally. All of that is great, but I am looking for people who are either:

1. Not achieving what they want, but are serious about success and already have a marketing system/ prospecting system in place but could use some help.

2. More experienced Agents who are already doing well, but could use the extra motivation.

I read a post here a while back that I liked. It said "What separates the successful professional from the future successful greeter is ACTION!

I agree with that, but I also believe in having successful systems, and constantly refining your processes so that you can increase your ROI, and get more out of your action.

I am good at the systems, processes, research, but I could be better at the action.

If anyone is interested, or if you know of a good existing group please let me know.

Let's all get ready to have a fantastic 2008.

I noticed that your group is for independants. I am a captive!

I would not mind sharing info from my side of the tracks, if the group is not totally anti captive.

Captive is fine. There's a fine line anyway.

James and Somarco....I just noticed that instead of Centrum, I had accidently been taking Bee Pollen pills. That probably explains why I have this insatiable desire to see Seinfeld's B Movie for the 17th time tonight.

I am a big thinker, a little ADD, and not to good with my time management.

I like to buy books on sales and marketing, and I like to look online for new ideas. At this point though I feel that I need to "stop thinking" and start acting.

I am good at the systems, processes, research, but I could be better at the action.

Damn. Were you in my mirror this morning? I'm pretty sure I saw YOU when I looked at ME!

I am horrible at implementation. Sort of. Great at buying systems. Always looking for The Edge. Still haven't found it.

What I have found is that there seems to be a "transition" - where people all of a sudden jump up and say "Dang! I think I can sell this crap to agents!" and Voila!!! All of a sudden, It Is Born. Kind of like that big black thingamajigger in "2001: A Space Odyssey"

Need I say more:

Dean Cipriano (may have been my virgin purchase)
Brian Kay
Dennis Tubbergen
Pamela Yellen

Oh yes there's more, but should I really name them all???

Each has a "system" - and so far, none has "worked" that I can figure out. The only "successful" person I'm aware of is Mark Teruya, whom Dennis Tubbergen lauded as his NO. 1 AGENT!!!! And look at him now....

starbulletin.com | News | /2007/09/08/

Not that Tubbergen has changed anything, he's out recruiting agents as we speak!

Action is the difference between the successfull and the teachers. Sometimes the smartest person is the one who thinks the least, and just goes out and acts.

I have not purchaced any systems, as I like to create my own ideas based on looking at many different ideas. Again my idea of "not acting" may seem like tons of work to someone else.

The bottom line is that we can all do better, and could all do better if we simply put more Action behind all of our plans.

I feel that many people here are in the same boat. We are all looking for the next big thing, that new system, new lead source, etc. that will bring us instant leads and success.

Those that have been around know that it does not work that way.

I will always enjoy reading posts, learning ideas, sharing advice etc. but I would also like to have a little kick in the butt every once in a while to keep me on the prospecting path.

NWInsurance

Latest posts

Back