Med Sup

What the benefits table shows is that plan F coverage, both for plan F and its high deductible option, includes the Part B deductible.

Plan G coverage does not include the Part B deductible. If one has chosen plan G, they will have to pay the part B deductible each year before plan G will cover any costs subject to that deductible.

LD's a character...he means well.:laugh:

He just doesn't get the concept of how this all works together. HDF is a great plan if the cost of a Plan F is $180 a month higher than the HDF, like it is in some parts of Florida.

If a Plan F is $150 and HDF is $40, like it is in many places, then you are betting $110 of monthly premium against the risk of $2180 out of pocket, that isn't such a good deal.

I don't regularly offer HDF to clients because it is somewhat confusing and my client acquisition cost (if I am doing direct mail) is way too high to justify trying to convince someone to get a plan they don't want. I will explain it infrequently to friends for consideration and most times their heads are spinning rapidly within 30 seconds no matter how slowly I go through it.

This isn't that complicated, he just makes it so and I would hate to be a consumer trying to rely on information he would provide.

He just doesn't get the concept of how this all works together. HDF is a great plan if the cost of a Plan F is $180 a month higher than the HDF, like it is in some parts of Florida.

If a Plan F is $150 and HDF is $40, like it is in many places, then you are betting $110 of monthly premium against the risk of $2180 out of pocket, that isn't such a good deal.

I don't regularly offer HDF to clients because it is somewhat confusing and my client acquisition cost (if I am doing direct mail) is way too high to justify trying to convince someone to get a plan they don't want. I will explain it infrequently to friends for consideration and most times their heads are spinning rapidly within 30 seconds no matter how slowly I go through it.

This isn't that complicated, he just makes it so and I would hate to be a consumer trying to rely on information he would provide.

The only time I mention HDF, is when I'm going over what I leave with them. When I show them the OOC, I point out that I haven't sold them the HDF and that I've crossed it off at the bottom. I tell them that I always do this now, because 20 years ago I sold a lady, and after I left, she saw that about the big deductible mentioned and she left me a message on my answering machine, cussing me out. I got her straightened out, but now, that's a part of my sales process. I don't want them getting confused. :no:

What the benefits table shows is that plan F coverage, both for plan F and its high deductible option, includes the Part B deductible.

Plan G coverage does not include the Part B deductible. If one has chosen plan G, they will have to pay the part B deductible each year before plan G will cover any costs subject to that deductible.

And what about HDF? You think you wont have to pay the Deductible? That is why it is called "High Deductible" because It Does NOT cover anything till you pay The "High Deductible"

Yes the Part B deductible will go towards your high deductible but you will pay it just the same

Part B deductible and High Deductible are not the same thing.

One pays only the High Deductible. One does not pay a "high deductible" plus a "Part B deductible".

One pays only the High Deductible. One does not pay a "high deductible" plus a "Part B deductible".

You will pay the part B deductible on HDF before any Medicare part B benefits will kick in and then you have to pay the remainder of the HDF's deductible...

You misinterpret what he said. The point was, with a HDF a person is responsible for the first $2,200 in charges before the plan pays anything. So while they aren't technically paying the Part B deductible, they are still having to meet a deductible. He wasn't stating they had to meet a Part B deductible plus the HDF deductible. Just that the $183 in charges would be applied toward meeting the HDF just as it would in meeting the Part B deductible on a Plan G.

But keep arguing with people have so much more experience in this field than you.

I'm looking to get back into selling Med Supps again. Any company that provides low rates? I'm an IA so I need to be able to sell without a quota

----------

The only time I mention HDF, is when I'm going over what I leave with them. When I show them the OOC, I point out that I haven't sold them the HDF and that I've crossed it off at the bottom. I tell them that I always do this now, because 20 years ago I sold a lady, and after I left, she saw that about the big deductible mentioned and she left me a message on my answering machine, cussing me out. I got her straightened out, but now, that's a part of my sales process. I don't want them getting confused. :no:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
I'm confused. And so are the clients. Keep it easy. Dint confuse them with all the alphabet talk. Tell them what you feel is best for them and leave it at that.

I'm looking to get back into selling Med Supps again. Any company that provides low rates? I'm an IA so I need to be able to sell without a quota

----------

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
I'm confused. And so are the clients. Keep it easy. Dint confuse them with all the alphabet talk. Tell them what you feel is best for them and leave it at that.

If you've sold Med Supps before, you should know that OOC stands for Outline Of Coverage. I don't say OOC to my clients, I say Outline Of Coverage.

If you sell Med Supps, you should know what OE, MAPD, PDP, PFFS, MADP, IEP, SEP, AARP, MOFO and many others mean. You should know your alphabet.:yes:

You will pay the part B deductible on HDF before any Medicare part B benefits will kick in and then you have to pay the remainder of the HDF's deductible...

That is not necessarily a true statement. It definitely does not jibe with CMS presentation of the plan parameters.

----------

you really need to gain more knowledge.

Re Medicare-do you have suggestions, say 1 to 3 options, that won't cost me more than $300?

Back