Medicare, Medicgap Insurance Sales...

shaws17777

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a heavy sales guy 10+ years always looking for opportunities. I heard the medicare/medigap is a good one.

I am in California, and am new to this. Does anyone know of how to or where I can find out info on the licensing I need to get?

Can I sell the insurance in all states or to clients just in my state?
How is this business?

Thank you.

:biggrin:

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am a heavy sales guy 10+ years always looking for opportunities. I heard the medicare/medigap is a good one. I am in California, and am new to this. Does anyone know of how to or where I can find out info on the licensing I need to get? Can I sell the insurance in all states or to clients just in my state? How is this business? Thank you. :biggrin:

My apologies for your excess weight. Might I recommend an exercise program

As for selling in other states, as long as you are licensed in those states you would be able to sell to people in those states. You can find licensing info at each states DOI website.

I meant heavy meaning experienced. I'm not heavy.

Why do you feel the need to say something like that?

Rude.

What do you sell now? Share you background.

If you are new to the insurance industry, it can be done, but Medicare is not the place you want start off in, even with heavy hand holding.

Start off working under another agent, or work directly for an insurance company, good way to learn the basics.

Go to the search box, type in 'NEW', New Agent, etc. lots of good info there.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I meant heavy meaning experienced. I'm not heavy. Why do you feel the need to say something like that? Rude.

Some people can't take a joke. Let me give one bit of advice, to make it in this business usually requires thick skin. If you were offended by my prior post then you may want to find a different line of work.

Some people can't take a joke. Let me give one bit of advice, to make it in this business usually requires thick skin. If you were offended by my prior post then you may want to find a different line of work.

I thought it was funny

I meant heavy meaning experienced. I'm not heavy.

Why do you feel the need to say something like that?

Rude.

Lighten up sourpuss!:twitchy:

I guess I'm rude too, because as soon as I read your post I was going to joke about you being heavy...but sman beat me to it.:laugh:

You're very sensitive for a salesman.:yes:

Back