P & C is a Lot of Work

Anyone else feel like they hardly have time to sell insurance after getting to a certain level? I do mainly auto and home and am swamped trying to just maintain the book.

Anyone else feel like they hardly have time to sell insurance after getting to a certain level? I do mainly auto and home and am swamped trying to just maintain the book.

YES! I seriously don't know how I have time to do anything but call people back some days!

14 years, no staff. I want to grow but it's hard with all the existing work.

It sounds like you may have "hit the wall" and are not going to continue to grow unless you hire some help. I know, it is going to cost more money so you are going to have to sell more just to get back up to your current income level. It is a vicious circle.

You need to establish your "income comfort level", that may make the decision a little easier. Don't forget to factor in "quality of life".

It sounds like you may have "hit the wall" and are not going to continue to grow unless you hire some help. I know, it is going to cost more money so you are going to have to sell more just to get back up to your current income level. It is a vicious circle.

Based on what others have written here, that is the definition of life in P&C.

It is time for the person to decide if they are happy with their current income and quality of life. If the answer to either is no, its time to hire a CSR, take a temporary pay cut and get back to selling. But this time, hire your second CSR before you swamp your first one. Hopefully you can get your income growing slowly but steadily, without the roller coaster of high income when your CSRs are swamped, and low when you are growing again.

How long have you guys been doing p & c? Do you have a staff or just you?

I have been in the business for 10 years. I bought the agency that I started at which has been in business since 1995.

I have two offices and a staff of around 5 CSR's/Producers, 2 Commission only producers, 1 Salary/Commission producer/paper pusher, and have a CPA that sends his people in to do the financial reports, deposits, taxes, and payroll.

I have a lot of HEADACHES! :D I still love what I do...but I just don't get to do what I love to do as much...

I'd shoot myself in the face before I sold P&C.

No THANKS! :)

really? what are you going to do when ObamaCare rids of health agents?

You have a huge BOB and tons of money sitting there...........:no:

Back