Why New Agents Fail?

About 15 years ago I sold cancer insurance door to door. I was not successful. I'm not exactly sure why I failed. At the time, I didn't really believe cancer insurance was a necessary /valuable product. I have changed my view on insurance products. Also, think I was working for company that just wanted my family/contacts to sign up. Finally Working somewhat poorer rural town might not have been best market and fit with clients I would feel comfortable with. I sold one policy that wasn't family.

Why do you think so many new agents fail?

What could new agents do differently?

How can new agents set themselves up to make lots of money later on?

You can't sell a product that you yourself don't believe in! Sales is nothing more than a transference of feeling my friend.
New agents fail for the same reason most sales people in any industry fail-because they lack the conviction, belief, passion, and SALES SKILLS necessary to operate effectively.
I work in an office with 12 other agents selling over the phone and I alone sell 40-60% of our total monthly sales volume.
If I get you on the phone and I've uncovered a need you better believe I'm closing you today!
I also show up earlier than anyone else and I'm laser focused on my goal of closing business.
I don't trade stories with coworkers or stay on the phone with prospects who don't medically qualify for the Medicare supplements I'm selling.
When I worked as an independent selling FE I was just as methodical and laser focused.
If you haven't got the discipline to do these things than you'll always make mid five figures if you're lucky and you'll have a mediocre career at best.

Back