Advice on Selling Medicare Supplements

I sell med-supps. I have tryed Internet leads, Direct Mailer, Seminars, Telemarketers. And I always go back to the way Frank told me. Cold Calling. Leads are not worth what you pay for medicare sales. The phone is the only way to go. I call 150-200 per day. From 4pm to 7:30. and set my appt for the next day. It works for me.

And Watch out for people just trying to recruit you on the forum 1 post nothing added and trying to recruit an agent. Just my opinion. (yes Nicole im talking about you!)

YIKES.....1 appmt per 200 calls??????? is there a reason that number is sooooo low in ur area?

YIKES.....1 appmt per 200 calls??????? is there a reason that number is sooooo low in ur area?

That is typically not what I experience but there are days when I don't think I could give one away even if I included a new car. I think that is called "selling insurance". Other days they want to know how fast I can get there.

I think it also depends on what an agent considers "an appointment". There are four elements from the initial call that I consider "must have" before I set the appointment.

1. I want to know the company they are currently doing business with.

2. How much they are paying per month.

3. I tell them exactly what it will cost if they take a policy with me.

4. I ask some general health questions to determine if they are going to qualify.

That is what I consider an appointment. All of that usually happens within the first 60 seconds of the initial phone call. If I don't have all four, then I am going to be reluctant to set the appointment.

I have spent too many years, too many hours of windshield time and spent way too much money on gas to call "I'm going to be in your area on Thursday" an appointment.

I close over 95% of my appointments. My goal has always been to write one app a day, five days a week, 52 weeks a year. That is 260 apps per year. On average that will generate approx $75,000 in commission income.

If an agent stays in contact with their new clients there is no logical reason why at least 90% ($67,500) of that shouldn't carry over to the next year in renewals. (I'm still collecting renewals on people I wrote in 1993.)

Med Supp companies typically pay first year commission for six years. Do the math.

Add to that the opportunity to cross sell FE using the money the agent saves them on their Med Supp and after three or four years the agent can be making some fairly decent money.

I ment I set my appointments for the next day. On average I get 1 Appt. per hour of calling I can dial an average of 45 numbers per hour. No auto dialer just the old fashion way.

Whatever you do, if you get into this business, learn it and execute!

I had 4 agents last week write 28 total policies (one wrote 8 in two days) and we're not even running at full speed yet. We should double that this week, easily.

Best decision I ever made!

:1cute:

Whatever you do, if you get into this business, learn it and execute!

I had 4 agents last week write 28 total policies (one wrote 8 in two days) and we're not even running at full speed yet. We should double that this week, easily.

Best decision I ever made!

:1cute:

Your agents produced these results using Frank's system?

Back