Full Line Agent Inside A Car Dealership

BoozerBear

Wanted to get some feedback on what's fair as far as this new agent opportunity I received. I've been doing Medicare Advantage and Supplements forever but a company has reached out to me with an intriguing offer and I want to know what other agents think. so...

This would be a full line agency inside a major car dealership with a major carrier - I would retain 0% ownership in the book and would receive $500 per week and 5 to 7 % of written P&C premium.

Does this seem fair? Should I push for a higher base or/and percentage?

Wanted to get some feedback on what's fair as far as this new agent opportunity I received. I've been doing Medicare Advantage and Supplements forever but a company has reached out to me with an intriguing offer and I want to know what other agents think. so...

This would be a full line agency inside a major car dealership with a major carrier - I would retain 0% ownership in the book and would receive $500 per week and 5 to 7 % of written P&C premium.

Does this seem fair? Should I push for a higher base or/and percentage?

Are you happy with mediocre pay? I bet you wouldn't make more than $40,000/ year and probably not even that much.

This does seem like a bunk idea. I mean the weekly is nice and I get full commish on life products but the PC cut just seems so dang low. Anyone else knowledgeable care to chime in? Please

dealerships are crappy business, someone walks in with no insurance, 75% of the time they never make their second payment, chargeback.

And for as little as you are making, the salespeople will want kickbacks/lunches etc for sending someone over to you.

Life sales? I can promise you that no one is going to think of going to a car dealer for life insurance and the only people that don't have car insurance going in aren't going to be the best clients. AND, if you do get someone, you're most likely getting 1 car...not a household.

Just the way I see it putting myself in someone else's shoes.

Sounds like you mean a P and C agency, I dont see life sales happening
at a car dealership.

Like the above person says, it is crap business, most people will have no
prior insurance, wrecks, DUI's etc. Otherwise they dont need insurance.

Sounds like a really bad deal, all you are doing is providing the sales folks
an avenue to get immediate insurance so they can close the sale.

Back